Instant Pots

Do people still use these bastards!? They seemed to be all the rage for a while there. Has the novelty worn off!? I'm still eyeing up one. The thing is over the years my kitchen accumulates so much rubbish from fads down the years. From shitty processors, rice cookers, slow cookers, actifryers ,dehydrators, toasters etc
I use my slow cooker more than my cooker.

Soups, stews, chillis, fish pie, cottage pie... choose one to make on a Sunday evening, let it cook over night, and dish it up into containers on the Monday morning and put in the freezer for future consumption throughout the week.

pressure cooks are top draw and quicker and fresher keeping the nutrients with less cooking time, some say its the other way saying Scientists began studying the effects of pressure cooking on food as early as the 1940s, and research includes findings that pressure cooking is both the best and worst method of meal preparation.

https://www.cnet.com/news/is-your-instant-pot-destroying-nutrients/

but for me any curries or stews and soups done in the instant pot are the way to go, and if you like pulled pork or beef then its the best and quicker way to cook and then brown in a the over with sauce or honey

Pot noodles.... More like Pot mucus.
Fuckin awful Satans cocksnot things.

Slightly off topic, but best gadget for me was an egg dome thing for boiled eggs, takes up next to no room, you just put a few eggs on it with a small amount of water and switch on.
Takes about 8 mins, knocks it'self off and all good.
Think it cost about 12 quid, thought it would be another load of crap but best buy ever - if you like eggs of course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.