Insurance question for ' Bikers '

All above correct advice. No tax or mot required but you need to "tax" it as an exempt vehicle (no charge), you can't just do nothing, you have to let them know. If you have the v5 it's easy, and best done face to face at a post office.
What bike is it mate?

All above correct advice. No tax or mot required but you need to "tax" it as an exempt vehicle (no charge), you can't just do nothing, you have to let them know. If you have the v5 it's easy, and best done face to face at a post office.
What bike is it mate?
Thanks for the info.......Not too sure yet, a running resto basically, something to keep me out of the house. Having only got 26 vintage outboard and stationary engines I fancy a change of scenery, plus turning up to work on something different should be a giggle.

Still need at least 3rd party insurance.

Never thought of Carol Nash. Started that firm from her kitchen table in Timperley.

Thanks for the info.......Not too sure yet, a running resto basically, something to keep me out of the house. Having only got 26 vintage outboard and stationary engines I fancy a change of scenery, plus turning up to work on something different should be a giggle.

Be wary of the below.
  • no ‘substantial changes’ have been made to the vehicle in the last 30 years, for example replacing the chassis, body, axles or engine to change the way the vehicle works
If you’re not sure if there have been any substantial changes you can:

No worries bud, I've restored a few bikes in my time, there's currently 4 in my garage, 2 of which are on the road, 2 are work in progress.
Post some pics and let us know how you go on.

Be wary of the below.
  • no ‘substantial changes’ have been made to the vehicle in the last 30 years, for example replacing the chassis, body, axles or engine to change the way the vehicle works
If you’re not sure if there have been any substantial changes you can:

This was introduced to stop kit cars based on older running gear being exempt. But on a moped kind of unlikely, it doesn't really have a chassis, its a frame and if you get rid or change it well its like triggers broom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.