Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Maybe the ref shouldn't have given Inter free licence to kick the shit out of Jack without consequence then.
The foul on Jack that laid him horizontal three feet above the ground was as clear an indication that the fuckin' turnip from Sweden was not applying frees 'n yellows with impartiality. He matched every fuckin' ref that's turned up at the Etihad for some time now who seems to think that by favouring one side he will eradicate the 'drabness' that was mentioned on the R5 report last night.

Thats how I saw it too.
They are a great team. I thought we had three good chances though, Bernie when he missed the ball and Gundo twice.

I'll give you Bernie. If you're thinking of Gundo's second header right at the death, then I think it's not in fact a clear chance — he's stretching for it, he's just not at the right angle, he can't get above it and he was never going to. It duly goes over the bar. By contrast, Erling was just waiting for it right behind him. I wonder if Erling shouted for it. If so, he must have been a bit pissed off.

Thought Inter were very good and even though 0-0, a really good game. We had some decent chances, so did they on the break which was clearly their setup and we struggled at times losing possession and in quick transitions. That's my worry for Sunday as i can see a very similar kind of game.

Lewis as the extra anchor moving into midfield just didn't work last night or Saturday it does against certain teams but the last 2 definitely not. We needed stones or akanji playing thst role from center half think akanji and dias did it a lot better 2nd half it stopped the transitions through the middle of the park as they are more experienced in spotting the danger than Lewis. These last 2 performances might just get us clucking as we have really had to work for points and pep has seen where we need to improve after 3 games playing in first gear.

Thought Inter were very good and even though 0-0, a really good game. We had some decent chances, so did they on the break which was clearly their setup and we struggled at times losing possession and in quick transitions. That's my worry for Sunday as i can see a very similar kind of game.
Big difference is inters midfield 3 are 100% better than arsenal's on the ball rice will want 3 or 4 touches and partey gives the ball away for fun.

I'll give you Bernie. If you're thinking of Gundo's second header right at the death, then I think it's not in fact a clear chance — he's stretching for it, he's just not at the right angle, he can't get above it and he was never going to. It duly goes over the bar. By contrast, Erling was just waiting for it right behind him. I wonder if Erling shouted for it. If so, he must have been a bit pissed off.
Would need to watch it again, but I thought the defender would have got it before Haaland.

Anyway, thought we played pretty well for an early season game, it was a very intense and high level match overall, just that last moment was off for both teams.

We're still undercooked as a squad, players finding their feet especially Rodders and Phil. Pep is managing the squad as he always does. Other teams like the Dippers will burn out later in the season when we put the turbo boost on, last night was a decent performance against a team who are dominating Italian Football. No problem with a point, think we'll get at least 10 points from the next 4 games before the relatively tougher matches against Juve and PSG away with a safety net of Bruges at home to secure a reasonably decent finish to the league stage.

Some massive overreaction on here last night. Very early days and inter are a very very good team who put men behind the ball, packed the middle and broke very well. Few too many gaps in our midfield for my liking but we had the chances to win it and probably should have. Next few champs league games are a piece of piss and psg are far weaker without mbappe surely

One more unbeaten game in the champs league and we match uniteds unbeaten record in Europe. 2 more and we beat it. Our next 2 games are bratislava and Sparta Prague...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.