Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

To all my blue brothers and sisters past and present I love you all

From the BBC....

Alvarez makes history with Champions League win​

After a record-breaking six months, Manchester City's Julian Alvarez has booked his place in history as the first player to win a treble of European Cup, league and domestic cup - and a World Cup - in the same season.

Nine players before the 23-year-old Argentine forward had won the European Cup or Champions League and the World Cup in the same season - but none had won the domestic double as well.

Alvarez finishes the season as City's second top scorer with 17 goals, despite starting fewer than half their games, and was the third top scorer at the 2022 World Cup.

City won the Premier League title by five points from Arsenal, beat Manchester United in the FA Cup final and saw off Inter Milan in the Champions League final - after Argentina beat France in the World Cup final in December.

Alvarez did not get on the pitch in their 1-0 win over Inter in Istanbul but still got his hands on the trophy afterwards.

6d91e9af-852b-4777-adf3-2f8faff47c65.jpg

West Ham fan here. So pleased for you guys. You’ve been through hell over the years and deserve this success. Enjoy it. Real fans for a real club.
Thanks mate. And back atcha; we were delighted for the Hammers the other night too.

'It gives hope to younger people'​

FT: Man City 1-0 Inter Milan
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland speaking to BT Sport: "Unbelievable. In my wildest dreams I would never think of this. It shows it's possible for a guy from a small hometown in Norway. It gives hope to younger people in the indoor hall in my hometown. It's unbelievable.

"Having good people around me my whole life and ones that I can trust is important. To have my father and mother around me here is fantastic. I'm so happy.

"After a couple of days when this settles a bit and this feeling of winning this trophy, I will want to do it again for sure. I know myself and I know this is how I will think.

"I can improve a lot. I can improve on today. I was close a couple of times in the first half. I could have got the ball from Ilkay Gundogan in the first half but he played to Jack Grealish.

"On a good day I could have scored two goals but I don't care about that right now. In finals the only thing is winning. It's about performing as a team to get the trophy."

On working with Pep Guardiola: "Really emotional. It's the same for me as well. It's such a big game. The pressure is unbelievable. To work with him is really special. We have a good relationship and I look forward to next seaosn to develop even more. I'm still young. I have a lot of years left. To be getting trained by him every single day, the best coach in the world, is a good place to be."

Wearing Mario Balotelli's shirt as a kid: "I would never think of this. I think I still have that jersey. Especially my goal at Old Trafford, I really enjoyed that. It's what life is about really."

On next season: "We have to defend what we have achieved this season. That's how it works. In a month everything is forgotten and we have to start again."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.