Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Some great pics I'd not seen before....

Times Sport Unseen: Man City Treble celebrations bathe Istanbul in blue​

Times photographer Bradley Ormesher picks out his favourite pictures from the Champions League final​

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2d491a36-0945-11ee-b580-d637f5a291f6.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...0?shareToken=6c5cbd07c1d2e3764744319c6f3f3cf4

Times photographer Bradley Ormesher picks out his favourite pictures from the Champions League final​

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2d491a36-0945-11ee-b580-d637f5a291f6.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...0?shareToken=6c5cbd07c1d2e3764744319c6f3f3cf4
That pic with the Good Sheikh centre looks as though they're watching the game from the Upper Bullens. Has that guy on the back row actually been scalped or is his head conveniently nestled in a head-shaped hole?

"This is a rare image. It was only the second time Sheikh Mansour had watched his team play since buying the club in 2008. He is next to City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak."

Oh yes, and somebody else reasonably important.......

went to the game and honestly dont remember much about it, watched it back in full last night for the first time, not our best performance but fair play to inter the almost pulled it off we defo deserved to win and that goal wow, but what i do have to say is how proud i am of the team the club and the fans im still on cloud nine, and i ask myself is this it is this as good as it gets will we ever feel so on top of it again.
I’m 65 in January; when I was 50 I hoped for a cup final. Never did I imagine what we’ve witnessed. I was in Istanbul, but I got very emotional at the fan park. You see my younger brother died in 2008 (the night we beat WHU in the FA cup 1-0j. I’ve missed him and yearned for him everyday since. The only success he ever witnessed was Gillingham and a couple of promotions. When the song ‘Stop crying your heart out’ was being played and everybody joined in, I lost my composure and had to be comforted by my niece, his daughter.

I have no great recollection of the match, just the goal and the torture of the last 15 minutes as Inter decided to play. Five mins to go, I thought of my brother and begged him to make City win, if he could! He came through, just as he did for us in 2011, 2012 and even last season v Aston Villa. At the final whistle I of course was delighted, but too emotional to savour the enormity of what our magnificent club had achieved. I cried for my brother and thanked him for looking out for us again. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that was my experience. 5 weeks,later, I now feel we have reached the pinnacle, our destiny and I feel complete now. Thanks Tony. X

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.