Interesting article from Swiss bloke on city's finance

california blue said:
If you have a spare week:

<a class="postlink" href="http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07 ... -know.html</a>

That's a good read, thanks for posting. I genuinely hate supporting a club that is defined and at the mercy of one mans pocket and will. Having said that, i will enjoy seeing our owners turn our club into a top, self sufficient club over the next 5-10 years. This will bring me more joy and pleasure than seeing the likes of Tevez, Silva, Aguero wearing the city shirt. The only way we can take on Manchester United and over take them, long term, is to a self sufficient club. My biggest worry is that we become Chelsea. RA has been at that club for a long time now and although their revenue streams have grown, they are nowhere near being self sufficient and at any stage, they are weeks away from going bust.

The greatest joy for me, will be the day we sign someone for £30 million, pay his £100k a week wages and the finance has come solely from money generated by the club. That's my FA Cup win, my Premier League title as it's something that can last well after i'm gone and guarantee's City's seat at the top table, long term.

I have every faith our owners can achieve this.

We have very clever people in charge who will be one step ahead at every juncture so do not worry blues :)

TBooksbluearmy said:
What will be interesting is when all this has been developed, will the money that it generates come into the coffers of the football club, or will the money go into the coffers of our chairman. As long as the club gets a good % that the companies pay that move into the Etihad Complex this should help us to generate plenty of money and keep the cost of the season tickets down to a reasonable price for the fans.

Also there are plans to redevelope the Etihad arena to 60,000+ capacity thew sooner that is done the better as this should increase the revenue for the club.

If we hit 50,000 season tickets at say and average of 600 a go thats £30 million, says all of those people spend £20 each on average at every home game in the epl, with a £10 profit margin on that £20, thats £9.5 million, these are figures I've plucked out of thin air and way of the mark, but if we sell 50,000 season tickets, we will have to be doing the buisness, look it was a long day yesterday, I just feel that we have barely touched the potential of our off field revenue streams and nothing is going to stop us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.