Interesting G Best on sky sports 1 now

talkativesprout

He was before my time and i know a rag, but this is interesting to watch the talent from back in the day.

Edit**

Having never seen much of his play (for obvious reasons) i think the guy would of pissed ANY starting eleven

Personally, when I watch vids of old players like Best and Pele, (not including Maradona) they look good, but only because the quality of the opposition is so amazingly poor.

One video I watched of Best it basically looked like he was against some overweight sunday league players, which obviously made him look alot better.

Wouldn't be as good in the modern game if you ask me.

Rushton121 said:
Personally, when I watch vids of old players like Best and Pele, (not including Maradona) they look good, but only because the quality of the opposition is so amazingly poor.

One video I watched of Best it basically looked like he was against some overweight sunday league players, which obviously made him look alot better.

Yeah i see your point, colin bell was shit too then. ;)

talkativesprout said:
He was before my time and i know a rag, but this is interesting to watch the talent from back in the day.

Edit**

Having never seen much of his play (for obvious reasons) i think the guy would of pissed ANY starting eleven

Or got pissed with any starting eleven...

glen quagmire said:
Nige would've broken him in half.
He would have got nothing from vincent, an overhyped alky who got a liver before someone who actually needed it and ruined it!

TBH glen going off what ive just see, clattered and still went away with the ball he would do very well against these big tough badass prem defenders, unlike torres drogba and the rest of the cheating cnuts.

I know he was from the salford side, but if buzzer says he was brilliant (he did in the programme many times) i'll take his word over anyone on here

Nice topic on a City forum this. Game was played at walking pace back then.

Oh, and

Would you like another stella Georgie Best?
Would you like another stella,
Cos you gone all fucking yella,
would you like another stella Georgie Best?

Niall Quinns Discopants said:
Nice topic on a City forum this. Game was played at walking pace back then.

Oh, and

Would you like another stella,
Cos you gone all fucking yella,
would you like another stella Georgie Best?

You're out of order man, he drank fosters.

Rushton121 said:

You have to be careful with this comparison as skilful players get so much more protection now. In the 60s and 70s scything tackles from behind and over the ball studs-up challenges (like the one Best himself did on Pardoe) were rarely punished, not even with a free kick on many occasions.

Rushton121 said:

This argument that classic players wouldn't succeed in the modern era, annoys me. In the 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s, players got almost zero protection from referee's. Brutal challenges, that would be punished with a red today, would be seen as the norm. The ball was much heavier and harder to kick, and the standard of pitches was awful. Often it will be like playing in a quagmire. Then there are things such as worse diets, poor training regimes and medical care for injuries. If a player got an Eduardo style injury, then it was game over. If Pele, or Best, played today, there is no doubt in my mind, that they would be as successful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.