Interesting photos in "The Big Book of City"

Didsbury Dave said:
Too late for me to point out an error in it, Gary?

Sorry mate....

Got to the bottom of it. The errors were related to 2 dates in the "Daily Season Reminder". I had a slip put in the first 1000 copies of the book, signed by me, pointing out the 2 date errors, but some bookshops removed the slip.

So for anyone with the book who didn't get the slip, the message and details are:

"DEAR READER
PLEASE NOTE

Due to a minor error during the final stage of printing The Big Book Of City two “Daily Reminder” dates on page 67 & 68 have been incorrectly printed. The reminder for 8th October 1975 should read 8th October 1983 & the reminder 13th October 2002 should be 13th October 1979.

Inevitably with a publication of this size there are always errors that slip through, however I would personally like to apologise for these and any others that may have slipped through our checking procedures.

Here’s a couple of bonus milestones to make up for the mistake – On 8th October 1975 the Blues defeated Nottingham Forest 2-1 with goals from Bell and Royle in the 3rd round of the successful League Cup campaign.

On 13th October 2002 fifties goalscoring star Billy McAdams died. During his City career he made 134 first team appearances and scored 65 goals.

Please accept my apology for these errors.

Sorry!

Gary James"

lostmyhouseski said:
i love that photo in the holte end too
its nice to see the cool hairstyles haven't changed since 81

It's great isn't it? I love that sort of thing. It's great to see how support changes. When I write a book I spend almost as much time searching for appropriate photos as I do actually writing, because I want to paint the right pictures.

I also love the image of Crossan coming out of the tunnel because you can see the crowd and others floating around.

How many copies over all were printed of "The Big Book Of City" then Gary? Like i said before, i never realise how limited a run so many sports books get, it's such a shame as your City books are always a great read.
How many were published of "Manchester The Greatest City", "Farewell To Maine Road", and "Manchester A Football History" as well? And your original Joe biog?
Thanks!

fao gary james,thanks gary. regarding my previous post on this thread about the picture of my old fellow on the kippax last stand,that was the correct picture,but as you stated,it had been covered by other images,namely roy paul,any chance of showing the clear image on here mate,i would be extremely grateful,failing that i;ll check the book out,thanks again pal.

kippaxkid74 said:
How many copies over all were printed of "The Big Book Of City" then Gary? Like i said before, i never realise how limited a run so many sports books get, it's such a shame as your City books are always a great read.
How many were published of "Manchester The Greatest City", "Farewell To Maine Road", and "Manchester A Football History" as well? And your original Joe biog?
Thanks!

Print runs are not large for these books. Manchester The Greatest City was published in 1997 - 5000 copies - & 2002 (5,500 copies). That was the largest total quantity of all my books. Manchester A Football History was 2000 copies and the forthcoming version of my Joe Mercer biog is still to be finalised but it will probably be 1,500 (depends on pre-orders and bookshop interest). The only way to guarantee the book is via my publisher's pre-publication offer (the details of progress, deadlines etc. will continue to be updated on "James Ward Publishing" on Facebook)

Farewell To Maine Road was 3,000 copies and Big Book Of City is the same.

Andouble said:
if I order this on amazon.uk will they ship it to the States?

Don't know, but I guess they will.

If not order via the publisher's website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfootball.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.manchesterfootball.org</a> (send an email to info@manchesterfootball.org and they'll work out a price for postage. They base their postage charges on the Royal Mail postal calculator and so will charge £19.95 plus US postage and you can pay via paypal (they'll send you an 'invoice').

I sign all copies ordered direct from the publishers.

Didsbury Dave said:
Too late for me to point out an error in it, Gary?

Sorry mate....

My dad said there was an error re ; penalty taker in 1963 at the swamp...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.