Interesting view from sad cafe...

I think it will be tight again this season but next year I think they will fall away big time, they need better players or new players in to many positions, Left back (that Dutch kid has been hit and miss) right back (been shit since rat boy got old) arguably both central defenders (are Smalling, jones and Evans Utd class?) they have great wingers and always have but central midfield they need more than Carrik the tea towel sales man (bit harsh), Giggs and Scholes, I'm not sure Tom punchbag face is the future either, think its safe to say there ok up front for at least 3 years.
That's a lot of money to spend for a tight arsed yank and when you factor in Bacon faces imminent exit there screwed soon.

Having said that i'v tried to convince myself of Utd's fall from grace for years and it never seems to happen.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ric said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We have the best players and are currently top, so we are favourites. Simple as that.

Not according to any of the bookies:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... gue/winner</a>

Just posted that mate,but apparently the bookies know nothing,and have got it wrong,and are just hedging their bets.
Yet another conspiracy - you can't even rely on the bookies to be honest nowadays!
Come off it. Bookies are interested in making as much money as possible. Everyone knows how betting odds work, the more bets you get for a certain outcome, the shorter the odds become. Low odds indicate a lot of people have placed bets on that outcome. It's not representative of something being more likely to happen, it's representative of more people thinking something is more likely to happen. As the England national side betting odds example I mentioned earlier would attest. No-one in their right mind would even suggest England should enter a tournament as one of the favourites, we've not been close to winning a tournament for nearly 20 years (and even then we had home advantage to help us) yet we are consistently one of the favourites at the bookies. Why? Because the English lump bets on England to win more than other nations, due to their support of the England national team. The same situation will see United have lower odds than they necessarily deserve on ability alone, their huge fanbase will lead to them receiving quite a few bets based sole on support and not on ability of the squad. I'm not saying they've got no chance, I'm saying bookies odds are not based solely on the ability of a side to achieve the goal, they also factor in the opinions of people, opinions which may well not be educated ones.

Matty said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ric said:
Not according to any of the bookies:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... gue/winner</a>

Just posted that mate,but apparently the bookies know nothing,and have got it wrong,and are just hedging their bets.
Yet another conspiracy - you can't even rely on the bookies to be honest nowadays!
Come off it. Bookies are interested in making as much money as possible. Everyone knows how betting odds work, the more bets you get for a certain outcome, the shorter the odds become. Low odds indicate a lot of people have placed bets on that outcome. It's not representative of something being more likely to happen, it's representative of more people thinking something is more likely to happen. As the England national side betting odds example I mentioned earlier would attest. No-one in their right mind would even suggest England should enter a tournament as one of the favourites, we've not been close to winning a tournament for nearly 20 years (and even then we had home advantage to help us) yet we are consistently one of the favourites at the bookies. Why? Because the English lump bets on England to win more than other nations, due to their support of the England national team. The same situation will see United have lower odds than they necessarily deserve on ability alone, their huge fanbase will lead to them receiving quite a few bets based sole on support and not on ability of the squad. I'm not saying they've got no chance, I'm saying bookies odds are not based solely on the ability of a side to achieve the goal, they also factor in the opinions of people, opinions which may well not be educated ones.

That simply isn't true.
The betting industry is a global market nowadays - the days of getting a crap price on England to win the world cup in England are long gone.
Most sensible professional punters bet with their heads,not with their hearts,so club loyalty means very little in betting terms,because a few daft rags banging a tenner on them to win the title won't affect the price anyway.
Billions are bet on the Premiership,and the team who the bookies make the shortest price are the ones they consider most likely to win,as in horse racing,or the X factor,or the boat race.
They don't always get it right,but they get it in their favour more times than not,which is why you seldom see a bookie walking to work.

I believe we will win it easy in the end this season 9-12 pts. They will be forced to buy in January to strengthen the midfield with the Japanese fella still out and Cleverly and Anderson not up to the job along with Carrick. Giggs playing centre midfield last week says it all really, he wasn't a starter 4 seasons ago but they are forced to play him now along with Scholes who is now very pedestrian and struggles to get off the bench.

Lots of people are getting carried away! If we lose at Stamford Bridge this weekend, it will be "Mancini out" again. Such is football.

I just don't see United falling behind that far. They will win more often than they lose and there are no guarantees on our form either, it will be close.

Getting RVP probably saved their season - means that they can still compete. Still not convinced about the rest of their squad though. Having said that we are probably in a slightly false position in the league, given we've played 7 home games and only 5 away vs their 5 at the swamp and seven away.

Good to see us hitting the straps at last though and if Garcia starts to hit form before the ACON then hopefully we wont have the shit few weeks after Christmas we seemed to have last year.

manimanc said:
wouldn`t it be nice us going to the theatre of debt in april 15 points in front and we win to retain the league...
i`m getting a semi just thinking about it...

Now that would be good winning the league at that shithole.

Fergie will be forced to splash the cash in January because his squad are still seriously lacking, too little too late.
Come May he will be retiring after another trophy less season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.