International Matches | 15th - 20th June 2023 | Tue 20th - Scotland, Portugal & Norway in action

Raining in Scotland. Who fucking knew?

Everyone but the groundstaff at Hampden apparently.

It wasn't just a bit of rain, it was utterly torrential and came at the wrong time. Remember City v Gladbach (in that competition we recently won) a few seasons ago being postponed in September? That.

Ironically the heatwave we've had won't have helped the pitches ability to cope with masses of excess water. Never thought I'd see the day I'm defending a Hampden pitch but there we go.

It wasn't just a bit of rain, it was utterly torrential and came at the wrong time. Remember City v Gladbach (in that competition we recently won) a few seasons ago being postponed in September? That.

Ironically the heatwave we've had won't have helped the pitches ability to cope with masses of excess water. Never thought I'd see the day I'm defending a Hampden pitch but there we go.
To be fair it reminded me of the Ipswich game when Vonk scored.

He might be ridiculed as a useless Rag on Blue Moon but Scott McTominay is always brilliant for Scotland.

Impressed with how Clarke has turned the team around.
He is excellent with working with a limited squad of players. His achievements at Kilmarnock were a portent of things to come. He is still naturally negative and this has cost Scotland matches in the past. Defensively always good but always hampered by our lack of quality strikers or even decent strikers. Ability of our midfield is the key and fortunately we have some good lads in those positions who can score goals. Probably couldn’t do it at Stoke on a wet Wednesday but he can certainly do it at a very wet Hampden.
4 straight wins in qualifying………Get In.

If I remember correctly, the rain stopped during what would have been the first half and they (yep, them again) reckon the pitch was perfectly playable at 10 o'clock that evening.

If I remember correctly, the rain stopped during what would have been the first half and they (yep, them again) reckon the pitch was perfectly playable at 10 o'clock that evening.

That sounds right enough. Basically what's happened tonight except the officials have rightly decided to run with it imo.

Georgia miss a penalty……can this season get any better??

Their fans can still catch the midnight train down the road if they hurry...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.