International Matches | 1st - 15th June '22 | 19:45 Germany v Italy, Netherlands v Wales

MCFC1993

I'll start us off with De Bruyne's comments:

I'm posting that because I've just started writing out the fixtures below and I've realised how long this break is and how many games they're going to have to play. Hopefully Martinez doesn't run him into the ground and hopefully the rest of our players aren't either. Nearly all of the European teams have to play 4 games.

I prefer the Nation's League to Friendlies of course but it's too much asking players to play 4 games after the season has finished.

Not listing every game (although it might look like it) just those that might be of interest but feel free to discuss any internationals not listed. All kick off times BST:

Wednesday 1st June
17:00 - Poland v Wales - Nations League
19:45 - Italy v Argentina - 'Finalissima' - Euro v Copa America Champion...why?
19:45 - Scotland v Ukraine - World Cup Qualifier

Thursday 2nd June
00:30 - USA v Morocco - Friendly
12:00 - South Korea v Brazil - Friendly
19:45 - Northern Ireland v Greece - Nations League
19:45 - Serbia v Norway - Nations League
19:45 - Spain v Portugal - Nations League

Friday 3rd June
19:45 - Belgium v Netherlands - Nations League
19:45 - France v Denmark - Nations League

Saturday 4th June
14:00 - Armenia v Republic of Ireland - Nations League
17:00 - Hungary v England - Nations League - Separate Thread
19:45 - Italy v Germany - Nations League
20:00 - Algeria v Uganda - AFCON Qualifier

Sunday 5th June
17:00 - Cyprus v Northern Ireland - Nations League
19:00 - Argentina v Estonia - Friendly
19:45 - Czech Republic v Spain - Nations League
19:45 - Portugal v Switzerland - Nations League
19:45 - Sweden v Norway - Nations League
19:45 - Wales v Scotland/Ukraine - World Cup Qualifier
22:00 - USA v Uruguay - Friendly

Monday 6th June
11:00 - Japan v Brazil - Friendly
19:45 - Croatia v France - Nations League

Tuesday 7th June
19:00 - UAE v Australia - World Cup Qualifier
19:45 - Germany v England - Nations League - Separate Thread
19:45 - Italy v Hungary - Nations League

Wednesday 8th June
17:00 - Tanzania v Algeria - AFCON Qualifier
19:45 - Belgium v Poland - Nations League
19:45 - Republic of Ireland v Ukraine - Nations League
19:45 - Scotland v Armenia - Nations League
19:45 - Wales v Netherlands - Nations League

Thursday 9th June
19:45 - Kosovo v Northern Ireland - Nations League
19:45 - Norway v Slovenia - Nations League
19:45 - Portugal v Czech Republic - Nations League
19:45 - Switzerland v Spain - Nations League

Friday 10th June
19:45 - Austria v France - Nations League

Saturday 11th June
03:00 - USA v Grenada - Concacaf Nations League
14:00 - Ukraine v Armenia - Nations League
17:00 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Nations League
19:45 - England v Italy - Nations League - Separate Thread
19:45 - Hungary v Germany - Nations League
19:45 - Netherlands v Poland - Nations League
19:45 - Wales v Belgium - Nations League

Sunday 12th June
14:00 - Northern Ireland v Cyprus - Nations League
17:00 - Norway v Sweden - Nations League
19:45 - Spain v Czech Republic - Nations League
19:45 - Switzerland v Portugal - Nations League

Monday 13th June
19:00 - UAE/Australia v Peru - World Cup Qualifier
19:45 - France v Croatia - Nations League

Tuesday 14th June
17:00 - Armenia v Scotland - Nations League
19:00 - Costa Rica v New Zealand - World Cup Qualifer
19:45 - England v Hungary - Nations League
19:45 - Germany v Italy - Nations League
19:45 - Netherlands v Wales - Nations League
19:45 - Poland v Belgium - Nations League
19:45 - Ukraine v Republic of Ireland - Nations League

Wednesday 15th June
03:00 - El Salvador v USA - Concacaf Nations League

Last edited:
I can see that the World Cup qualifiers need playing but after players having slogged out what feels like three seasons in a row with no break with the Covid seasons, and with any players having suffered from Covid at any point, slogging these players without a care in the world for their welfare of their fitness, rest and recovery, injuries, mental welfare having to get themselves ‘up for it’ again when they should be resting and not giving their brains rest and recovery is going to do none of them any good.

There’s already a World Cup ruining next season (which I will not be watching a moment of!).

We had the World Cup and Euros, we never needed another competition.

I’d love to see players all pull out of international duty and make a mockery of the corrupt Winer World Cup and this unneeded Nations League.

I can see that the World Cup qualifiers need playing but after players having slogged out what feels like three seasons in a row with no break with the Covid seasons, and with any players having suffered from Covid at any point, slogging these players without a care in the world for their welfare of their fitness, rest and recovery, injuries, mental welfare having to get themselves ‘up for it’ again when they should be resting and not giving their brains rest and recovery is going to do none of them any good.

There’s already a World Cup ruining next season (which I will not be watching a moment of!).

We had the World Cup and Euros, we never needed another competition.
Wonder if countries could use the NL as a B competition and try out fringe players in the future.

Players should be resting not playing these pointless fucking games ,hope ours all have convinient "injuries" especially kev seeing how they wrecked his ankle last time

Makes me mad this stupid forcing them to play and be away from their rest and families
Gap because of the World cup being moved. So UEFA being greedy cunts take advantage of it. He's bob on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kev saying what every fan thinks. Good on him, the authorities will hate that.

After hearing his views, knowing how important he is to Belgium, knowing he's had injury issues and knowing he needs to be 100% to get his best version you would think Martinez would offer him the chance to drop out of these internationals and go have a well earned rest. That's what a good manager would do.

Never going to happen but would love for there to be a mass coordinated withdrawal from all games but the world cup qualifiers. You can tell the players are getting sick of being ignored and flogged until they breakdown, they'll be a breaking point sooner rather than later.

Wonder if countries could use the NL as a B competition and try out fringe players in the future.

Would be a great opportunity for some of the players knocking on the door of national team call-ups to make their case before the world cup.

Managers might argue they need their first team because this is prep for the WC but realistically... that's 6 months off and a lot could change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.