Internet connection

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
I am sure there must be a thread on this so sorry for starting another one !

A quick question

We are in a small bungalow and the router is in the living room. I get good internet signal and speed everywhere but my son gets buffering etc in his bedroom. Now our bedroom is next door and is fine, and my laptop, phone works in his bedroom.
Could it be a problem with his xbox 1 ?

Any help in simple English would be helpful :)

The other day my other lads xbox would turn off after about 30 seconds so I blew a hairdryer thought the vents on it and it's been ok could this help with the buffering ?

Last edited:
Get powerline adaptors.

One plugs into a proper wall socket, and a network cable goes into your router.
The other plugs into a proper wall socket in the bedroom, and a network cable goes into his xbox.

eg

The adaptors are basically 'press a button and they setup', and make your electric ring main, a network cable. So it; will be like pluggin his xbox into the router rather than the vagaries of wifi.

Some of the adaptors, can also extend your wifi by having their own wifi.
Just depends omn your needs.

With regard to the heat of the xbox, make sure it's not sitting on carpet, and has ventilation all round, just plonk it on a brick/piece of wood. As long as it has air movement around it and isn't lying next to a radiator...

I am sure there must be a thread on this so sorry for starting another one !

A quick question

We are in a small bungalow and the router is in the living room. I get good internet signal and speed everywhere but my son gets buffering etc in his bedroom. Now our bedroom is next door and is fine, and my laptop, phone works in his bedroom.
Could it be a problem with his xbox 1 ?

Any help in simple English would be helpful :)

The other day my other lads xbox would turn off after about 30 seconds so I blew a hairdryer thought the vents on it and it's been ok could this help with the buffering ?
Might be worth checking your insurance. If it's all good get everyone safely outside, then brick the windows and torch the place. When it's rebuilt specify really good wifi throughout.

Get powerline adaptors.

One plugs into a proper wall socket, and a network cable goes into your router.
The other plugs into a proper wall socket in the bedroom, and a network cable goes into his xbox.

eg

The adaptors are basically 'press a button and they setup', and make your electric ring main, a network cable. So it; will be like pluggin his xbox into the router rather than the vagaries of wifi.

Some of the adaptors, can also extend your wifi by having their own wifi.
Just depends omn your needs.

Thanks will it still wireless as well so our phones and laptops connect

Yes, you are ADDING to your network/wifi, you aren't taking away the wifi.

Yes, you are ADDING to your network/wifi, you aren't taking away the wifi.

Thank you very much JASR it's all sorted now it turns out after just buying one that we already had that sort of device. All we need was a cable from the xbox to the other booster. We had the wireless booster ! So just added a new cable and will return the bought one back tomorrow ;)

We bought the same make so didnt need to buy a new one just turn the one we had to wire connection and not wireless. If that makes sence :) I had a spare cable in the garage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.