Intimidation

I mean he talked the team up into being a formidable opponent and took zero shit from the press... We always turn the other cheek with the press (much to my annoyance) but hopefully the team we now have will get into the heads of the opposition and us older fans can move on from "typical City" thoughts at some point ;-)

Or was that a Bacon Face joke... did you hear a whoosh?
No smoke without fire

5560389019_ebe5b12a22_c.jpg

Good thread. Totally get what you mean. Doesn’t mean the physical attributes of the players more there demeanour and aura. You look next to you and see good quality players and that will to win and you know your on for a game. As much as we don’t like the likes of Keane and maybe schemichel they had that aura of of winning. No smiles in the tunnel no handshakes etc. you are going in to battle and you want to win at all cost.

I do think we have that in our side. That confidence that arrogance. I’m pretty sure sure teams we have beaten in the tunnel. You look down the line and you see winners and great players. A lot of football is in the mind.

Explained in a much better way than I did! I agree with that Mancini side but 4 leagues in 5 seasons, that winning aura is now more established. This side could top them.

I remember watching the rags during their domination and seeing them in the tunnel before the match, Keane, Schmeichel, Ferdinand etc and thinking, they ain’t kicked a ball yet but this match is over, opposition look scared.

De Bruyne, Dias, Haaland etc - we are a scary team to line up against side by side in the tunnel. I ain’t talking about talent, it’s about leaders. The Mancini side had some big characters but for me, potentially this is the most intimidating squad we’ve ever had, because we’ve the history of winning and perhaps the greatest manager ever.

Have we ever had a more intimidating side?
When the Rags were dominating personally I think the referee was more intimidated by the Rags than what the opposition was. They were bullies, And the man at the top of that was Bacon Face the biggest bully in football and was incredibly good at intimidating referees along with his players surrounding, pushing and shoving referres every week. That won them games alone.

When we play we have world class players, Play world class football and go on about our business in the correct manner in how we conduct ourselves on the pitch. We let our football do the talking. Opposition play us hoping to keep the score down and they respect is as a team.

I remember watching the rags during their domination and seeing them in the tunnel before the match, Keane, Schmeichel, Ferdinand etc and thinking, they ain’t kicked a ball yet but this match is over, opposition look scared.

De Bruyne, Dias, Haaland etc - we are a scary team to line up against side by side in the tunnel. I ain’t talking about talent, it’s about leaders. The Mancini side had some big characters but for me, potentially this is the most intimidating squad we’ve ever had, because we’ve the history of winning and perhaps the greatest manager ever.

Have we ever had a more intimidating side?
Yes yaya , kompany ,hart, zabba ,ballotelli , de jong , richards all warriors

This present side may not physically intimidate the opposition but it has a great spirit, a togetherness and can stand up and be counted when it matters. Being 2 down away against West Ham and 2 down against Villa hence needing to score 3, showed plenty of fight and spirit. It was only just over 3 months ago that this team stood up against Atletico Madrid at their ground to get a gritty nil nil. We ain't got any Andy Morrisons but we have no player going hiding either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.