"Invisible" Ads/Pop ups

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by BJL_City, 24 Nov 2017.

1. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Argh, the coop one has gone but now the video player from the top of the page goes to the bottom right of the screen as you scroll down and doesn’t go away until you press the X.

The ad is from 888.

2. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Is anyone else getting constant page redirects (and prompts) to fake “you are the lucky winner” Amazon or Google ads every third or fourth page view on here?

It’s getting to the point where the site is nearly unviewable as I am constantly having to hold down the back button to manually select the last page I was viewing (just single clicking the back button just refreshes the ad page; if you try it a few times and then check the back button history it is just an endless list of the fake ad page).

At first I thought I had some sort of adware on my iPad but after some testing I’ve confirmed it only happens on Bluemoon. I’ve cleared my cache (and site data, which was a pain, as I lost legitimate background site data doing so) and it still happens with the same ungodly frequency.

Screenshots for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Dec 2017
  3. nickamon

nickamon

I'm getting the exact same thing for months now and it is really getting annoying. Only seems to happen when I used an iPhone or iPad. Constantly happens to me. I finally after trying to investigate it myself as a possible XSS attack, gave up and noticed the Technical Queries section of the forums. Any progress on this?

It happens for me not only on Bluemoon but I've noticed it on Redcafe also when I visit the scum site to cheer me up when I'm down (as they reluctantly continually praise our side!!!)

4. Gabriel

Gabriel

Does anyone want to buy Co-Op smoked salmon? It disappeared for a day but is back with vigour.

5. bigf42

bigf42

There’s an ad which is blocking the site when on an iPad, says please rotate device, and you can’t get past it.

Surely advertisers should test their content on all devices?

6. Andouble

Andouble

Yep and yep.

7. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

The salmon ad is back.

8. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

It seems to be getting worse—it’s nearly ever other page view now.

9. Big Chap

Big Chap

I’ve had it happen more than once viewing the same page.

10. nickamon

nickamon

For me it happens every single time on any topic I click on. It has gotten so bad that I've given up accessing BlueMoon on iPhone/iPad. Moderators, any help on this?