Invisible man

He talks about the "Youre the pride of Singapore" chant but I can tell you it's origins definitively.

It was that game against United at OT a few years ago, about 2001, which was a testamonial. I think we lost 2-1.

they were singing "You're the shit of Manchester"

I stood up and sung "You're the pride of Malaysia".

My mate next to me, Didsberry Blue on here, sung "You're the Pride of Singapore". The 4 or 5 of us together started singing it and the City end joined in.

I still think we should sing that more...I susppose I'm biased.

dannybcity said:
Why would people start singing at a game they were banned from down South in a Northern accent?

There were plenty of us there and we sung for City throughout the match. the pub outside was rammed with City.

Didsbury Dave said:
dannybcity said:
Why would people start singing at a game they were banned from down South in a Northern accent?

There were plenty of us there and we sung for City throughout the match. the pub outside was rammed with City.

Well that's fair enough. When ever I've heard that version it's always been told like it was some kind of covert operation.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
I dont agree with MCFC stats on this one - i thought it was first sung away at Luton in the 80's (told by a friend who was there) when away fans were banned... this is what the City fans started singing, get it cause they werent supposed to be there.

This is exactly what I thought!

Didsbury Dave said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
I dont agree with MCFC stats on this one - i thought it was first sung away at Luton in the 80's (told by a friend who was there) when away fans were banned... this is what the City fans started singing, get it cause they werent supposed to be there.

I've heard this before but I was at Luton and don't remeber it.

Even if it was, it died for years and was resurrected by the PRestwch branch as the site said.

Definitely Luton DD.. I was there... But willing to accept that P&W ressurected it... Shit and pointless song nowadays anyway :-)

I might have even been with you at Luton, levets, if you know what I mean.

The game was 1-1.

Loads of us in a pub beforehand singing, it got a bit heated with Luton.

I stood in the terrace behind the goal with some other Blues. There were lots in the top tier of the Main Stand too.

After about 20 of us 'walked to town together' and drank in a pub near the station. Nothing happened while I was there but everyone was expecting at attack at any minute. I got off to London about 7pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.