Ipad Alternative/Cheap Tablet Advice

Bellamy's Caddy

I'm looking to buy a cheap tablet, mainly for Netflix and using the Internet rather than anything too sophisticated, so I don't want to spend a fortune on it. Just wondered if people have any recommendations, it's years since I bought anything like this! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What's your budget?

I'd always rather have an Android tablet rather Amazon's equivalent. The Samsung range is a good choice, if you're looking to do fairly standard stuff (browsing/streaming) then check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1. You're looking at around £150/160.

What's your budget?

I'd always rather have an Android tablet rather Amazon's equivalent. The Samsung range is a good choice, if you're looking to do fairly standard stuff (browsing/streaming) then check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1. You're looking at around £150/160.
Amazon Fire OS is Android
Best bet would be a Chrome tablet Chrome OS Tablet

Amazon Fire OS is Android
Best bet would be a Chrome tablet Chrome OS Tablet
They are at heart, but Amazon branded with no Google services out of the box. Play Store etc has to be side loaded if you want the Google experience, which is easy enough, but they're cheap for a reason.

If you want a good Android tablet then the Samsung range is your best bet. Specs and prices suit all, depending what you need one for.

They are at heart, but Amazon branded with no Google services out of the box. Play Store etc has to be side loaded if you want the Google experience, which is easy enough, but they're cheap for a reason.

If you want a good Android tablet then the Samsung range is your best bet. Specs and prices suit all, depending what you need one for.
You're right, they are cheap for a reason, it's because they want to sell you lots of content which is where they make their money.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Amazon tablets hardware wise as long as the Fire OS (which is a fork of Android) does what's required.

I've always found Samsung tablets (as well as the phones and TVs) to be a royal pain in the bum from a customer service support viewpoint. They seem to tweak something in their OS (which is not pure Android) every so often which has caused issues with all sorts of Apps.

I'd look for a more pure Android tablet myself but for the OPs purposes any of the suggestions would work fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.