Ipad, laptop, Chromebook?? advice please

common mistake...in fact...a widespread epidemic...is for people to buy stuff they dont need

laptops, desktops, tablets, anything really

most people look at it upside down...they shop for an appliance that they think might meet their needs...in truth theyre 9/10 buying something superfluous (last year i cut my internet bill in half by opting out of bt infinity with no discernible difference to my useage)

you should think of your needs first and find an appliance that meets it

in your case...not being funny....a £40 tablet off ebay would do your job

Begbie said:
common mistake...in fact...a widespread epidemic...is for people to buy stuff they dont need

laptops, desktops, tablets, anything really

most people look at it upside down...they shop for an appliance that they think might meet their needs...in truth theyre 9/10 buying something superfluous (last year i cut my internet bill in half by opting out of bt infinity with no discernible difference to my useage)

you should think of your needs first and find an appliance that meets it

in your case...not being funny....a £40 tablet off ebay would do your job

Cheers for the info mate, you're probably right and I've had a look on eBay. But the missus has said she wants to buy me a new one as a birthday treat.

Gonna go with the pavilion or equivalent device. It comes with office already installed and will meet all my other basic needs and do more if needed.

Thanks for the replies, been helpful.

Is MS Word free to use on the apple store / ipad? It's mentions it is free to download.

Is the basic ipad 2021 decent for watching Netflix and Sky go? Is there anything superior at that price point (£320)?

I'm after a tablet for primarily watching sport, browing and on occasion filling out forms etc (seen a wireless keyboard on Amazon for circa £30 with top reviews).

Is MS Word free to use on the apple store / ipad? It's mentions it is free to download.

Is the basic ipad 2021 decent for watching Netflix and Sky go? Is there anything superior at that price point (£320)?

I'm after a tablet for primarily watching sport, browing and on occasion filling out forms etc (seen a wireless keyboard on Amazon for circa £30 with top reviews).
Yes
Yes
No

Cheers for the info mate, you're probably right and I've had a look on eBay. But the missus has said she wants to buy me a new one as a birthday treat.

Gonna go with the pavilion or equivalent device. It comes with office already installed and will meet all my other basic needs and do more if needed.

Thanks for the replies, been helpful.
Check the Office is not just a one year licence as applies to some laptops from Curry's.

I assume it is worth waiting for John Lewis to have the ipad back in stock for the 2 year gaurentee. Never had a bad experience with JL.

Curry's have it in stock with only a year guarantee.

Never had an issue with Apple products I've bought before to be fair (or products I've bought from Curry's) but best to be on the safe side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.