iphone help please

Hayley Croppers chopper

I updated my iphone software to 3.1.2 last night.

I did a back up of my iphone then loaded the new software to it.

I got an error message on my itunes - so the only thing I could do was reinstall from the back up.

I got all my contacts back but lost all my purchased apps and music.

not too arsed about the music but would like the apps back.
when I go to Itunes I cant see them in the purchased part of my itunes.
I dont want to reload them all from the app store manually as I cant really remember exactly what i had.
I hate itunes, it has to be the most un user friendly toolset in the world.
Any help much appreciated.

Mrs had the same problem.

If I remember rightly go down the left hand side to your iphone and click on it so that you have the main page with the tab bars along the top (music, apps, video) etc.

Click on the apps page and Im sure you can then move all the apps from the left hand window to the right. From there you can sync the ipod and it transfers all of them.

I think thats how we did it mate and not the best explanation I know.

King_Ralph_Blumer said:
I updated my iphone software to 3.1.2 last night.

I did a back up of my iphone then loaded the new software to it.

I got an error message on my itunes - so the only thing I could do was reinstall from the back up.

I got all my contacts back but lost all my purchased apps and music.

not too arsed about the music but would like the apps back.
when I go to Itunes I cant see them in the purchased part of my itunes.
I dont want to reload them all from the app store manually as I cant really remember exactly what i had.
I hate itunes, it has to be the most un user friendly toolset in the world.
Any help much appreciated.

That happend to me lost all my apps, was well gutted as i payed for most of em.

Just spoke to the Mrs.

In Itunes on your computer down the left hand side if you click on your Iphone the main page should be the one telling you your software is up to date with the tabs for music, apps and all that along the top.

Go to the apps tab and you should see all your apps on the left, somewhere on that page is a sync button which should allow you to sync all the apps back onto your phone.

Thats the best I can do for you mate, sorry.

MVF23_gonenotforgotten said:
Just spoke to the Mrs.

In Itunes on your computer down the left hand side if you click on your Iphone the main page should be the one telling you your software is up to date with the tabs for music, apps and all that along the top.

Go to the apps tab and you should see all your apps on the left, somewhere on that page is a sync button which should allow you to sync all the apps back onto your phone.

Thats the best I can do for you mate, sorry.

thanks.

not there.
I assumed they would drop in to their when i did the backup

thanks for trying - much appreciated.

Have you tried looking in the purchased folder on the left of itunes or looked in you apple account.

Failing that, we have phoned apples customer service before now, they can see all your purchases and put them back into your account. They did it for us as a one off and they were really helpful

iTunes only stores the applications you've sync'd to it from your iPhone(ie when you connect it to the PC/Laptop/Mac).

When I go onto my iTunes(I turned auto sync off) and do what MVF23_gonenotforgotten says I've got a list of all the apps I had last time I sync'd them so he's on the right lines but if you didn't sync, they wont be on iTunes.

Got the agree though, iTunes is massively flawed and difficult to use. The iPhone itself is fantastic but iTunes makes simple things seem longwinded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.