Iphone Problem ?

DannyBoy2890

After turning my phone back on the other morning, i got a "no sim installed" error and have tried everthing to revive the problem.
Ive restored the phones settings etc but to no avail.
Im currently doing a full restore of the phone to restore it back to its factory settings, so hopefully this will do the trick.
Has anyone else had this problem with their iphone, if so how do i resolve it.
Cheers :)

yeah mate tried on several occasions.

ive just restored the whole phone and when setting up i got this following message:

itunes cannot activate your iphone as your sim card is not inserted or is pin protected.

i think a trip to the o2 store is needed :(

DannyBoy2890 said:
After turning my phone back on the other morning, i got a "no sim installed" error and have tried everthing to revive the problem.
Ive restored the phones settings etc but to no avail.
Im currently doing a full restore of the phone to restore it back to its factory settings, so hopefully this will do the trick.
Has anyone else had this problem with their iphone, if so how do i resolve it.
Cheers :)
You need to establish if the fault lies with your sim or with your handset. If you know anybody else with an i-phone put your sim in their handset and their sim in your handset.

If their sim works in your handset but your sim does not work in their handset you probably have a faulty sim.

If your sim works in their handset but their sim does not work in your handset I'm afraid to say you may have a faulty i-phone.

If you've not got any mates with an i-phone go into the O2 store and they will help you.

If it turns out to be a faulty sim O2 will sort you out with a new one. If it's your i-phone that's faulty thats another story - good luck.

cheers for the replies.
i will go to the o2 store and see what they say, ive been looking online and the problem is actually very common.
i am on a contract so if the phone is damaged, a new phone should be given in exchange?
hopefully the problem can be resolved as i feel so empty without it.

overall i am not best pleased with the i phone, there always seem to be a niggle of some sort, it maybe just to bloody clever for its own good, too much can go wrong.

DannyBoy2890 said:
cheers for the replies.
i will go to the o2 store and see what they say, ive been looking online and the problem is actually very common.
i am on a contract so if the phone is damaged, a new phone should be given in exchange?
hopefully the problem can be resolved as i feel so empty without it.

You probably won't get a brand new one unless it's insured

They normally send them off for repair or give you a re-conditioned one. If you're lucky though, they might just be lazy and give you a brand new one

de niro said:
overall i am not best pleased with the i phone, there always seem to be a niggle of some sort, it maybe just to bloody clever for its own good, too much can go wrong.

When I first got mine, I wasn't best impressed. But after I got used to typing on the keyboard, and I downloaded some apps for it. I actually think it's cool as fuck. The Drums app is hours of fun all on it's own

its an amazing piece of a equipment (and keeps her occupied when footballs on tv), this is the only problem ive encountered since getting it about 5/6 months ago. If its less than 12 months old, will it not be under a 12 month warranty?
I am going to the o2 store tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.