Iran's women footballers banned because of Head Scarves

Jackson-ctid said:
kennycar said:
iranb.jpg

Oh my days. Front Row 2nd from the right could probably take Nige.
One of these would do the business.
article-1278969157259-0A67CA02000005DC-707537_636x363.jpg

-- Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 pm --

kennycar said:
The whole not allowed to cover ears thing is silly, why?
Maybe so that they have no excuses that they didn't hear the referee's whistle?

kennycar said:
The whole not allowed to cover ears thing is silly, why?
Seems like a rule invented to ban Hijabs. Plenty of other sports allow Head scarves, they're not dangerous. It's Heath and Safety gone mad.
Women in strict Islamic countries should be encouraged to participate in sport not discouraged.

It has upset me this because it will simply be forgotton about and the Iranian womens football team will be disbanded and a possible forward step in womens rights in Iran will have turned into a backwards one. All in order to adhere to pointless obscure laws of the game.

Fifa says it had warned the side about dress codes: "Fifa's decision in March 2010 which permitted that players be allowed to wear a cap that covers their head to the hairline, but does not extend below the ears to cover the neck, was still applicable.

"Despite initial assurances that the Iranian delegation understood this, the players came out wearing the hijab, and the head and neck totally covered, which was an infringement of the Laws of the Game. The match commissioner and match referee therefore decided to apply correctly the Laws of the Game, which ended in the match being abandoned."

If true then fuck them right off.
They knew the rules, had agreed then decide to try to subvert the competition.
I don't think we should be playing Iran at anything. What they do is as bad, if not worse than South Africa and they were pariahs for decades.
Stoning rape victims, hanging gay kids and apostates. They are utter barbarians.

kennycar said:
It has upset me this because it will simply be forgotton about and the Iranian womens football team will be disbanded and a possible forward step in womens rights in Iran will have turned into a backwards one.

Lol, good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.