Ireland reportedly wants £2 million pay-off.

Peter Doherty

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/12/james-milner-stephen-ireland-manchester-city-robinho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ty-robinho</a>

This piece in the guardian says that the Milner deal will only go through if the club pay Ireland £2 million. Whatever the amount I always thought that if a player is forced to move then they are entitled to a loyalty bonus?

Loyalt bonuses are a crock, dont think I'll ever agree with them.

If we want Ireland to move and he needs to take a pay cutto get that move the it's only fair that we make up the difference IMO.

After all the mad money we spent last season, spending an extra £1m-£2m to get the Milner situation sorted out ASAP seems fair to me.

We need to move on and draw a line under the likes of Onuoha, Bellamy, Ireland, Santa Cruz et al.

moomba said:
Loyalt bonuses are a crock, dont think I'll ever agree with them.

If we want Ireland to move and he needs to take a pay cutto get that move the it's only fair that we make up the difference IMO.

Fella that loos like what he is after and too be honest i cant blame him - he is likely to have to take a pay cut to join Villa so the delta beteen his current salary and that being offered by Villa for the number of years left on hic contract is what he is after plus like you say a loyalty bonus which seems to be a common thing these days

This is going to be a recurring issue as the wages the City players are on are vastly in excess of what (Tevez and a few others apart) could expect to get paid at other clubs.

Cokie needs to divvie up and ultimately he will have too because as he is being sold against his will we are breaking the contract and have to co0mpensate him for his losses (unless of course his contract states he is employed at will - which is highly fooking unlikely)

Anything can still happen in any deal. I dont know why Ireland is included in the deal. IF we are going to get rid put him up for the sale as we would get more money and I hope the club have put in a sell on clause as if he regains the form of 2 years ago he wont be at Villa for long.
Then again this has been going on for a while I dont think it will be sorted by Saturday and you never know he could end up playing a part in the Spurs game as the rules dont apply until the end of the transfer window so up until then any of the players could play and may miss out on being in the 25.

I've always liked Ireland but if this is true I would tell him to feck off and not give him a penny. Let us not forget that we've made this fragile flower into a millionaire.

leighton said:
Anything can still happen in any deal. I dont know why Ireland is included in the deal. IF we are going to get rid put him up for the sale as we would get more money and I hope the club have put in a sell on clause as if he regains the form of 2 years ago he wont be at Villa for long.
Then again this has been going on for a while I dont think it will be sorted by Saturday and you never know he could end up playing a part in the Spurs game as the rules dont apply until the end of the transfer window so up until then any of the players could play and may miss out on being in the 25.

I think the point of including him in this deal is that they dont want him to go to say SPuds or Liverpool or even Arse who have shown interest. By including him as part of this deal we can be sure that he is going to a club that of the three mentioned previously are least likely to challenge us.

For that reason Bellars is likelt to be pushed towards Celtic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.