Ireland reportedly wants £2 million pay-off.

This problem is of City's making and City's making only.

The same will happen if we want rid of any player signed by Thaksin (Jo, Caecido), any of the ones bought last summer (RCS, Bellamy) and anyone given a fat juicy contract since the takeover. (Ireland, Onouha)
Unless I'm mistaken they are all on 4/5 year contracts for BIG money. If a year later we want rid we are going to have to pay them the remainder of the contract, it's their due.
Like a previous poster said 'we would all do the same' - especially if like Ireland/Bellamy they genuinely don't want to leave.
This is the flip side of spending all those millions on players. If they want rid City are going to have to pay, and pay big.

Mike N said:
dctid said:
Fella you would do the same and i dont blame him

No I wouldnt. Im am not greedy and I really dont like it when people who are set for life continue to crave more money than they will ever spend.

Im a fan of Stevie and would rather he stayed but I dont like to think of him holding our club to ransom.

Well its a pity that more footballers are not like you - but they aint - also think he may be digging his heels in because he dont want to go and is utterely pissed off with the situation.

Get used to it because most players we ship out like this are very likely to go the same way.

stumpy_mcfc said:
He has had a lot of chances at the back-end of last season and during pre-season - he did not perform.

what the fook has that got to do with it - he has 4 years left on a contract that we are breaking - unless the terms of his contract are he must noit play like a twat or scoree 400 goals a game he is entitled to compensation

ste.sully said:
Why aren't we just loaning him out for a season to Villa?? And before anyone slags off Ireland, he has stated he wants to stay less than a month ago, so I don't have any problem with him waiting for his loyalty bonus as he is obviously being pushed out of the club

Don't be so naive, 3 months ago he said he wanted out, his agent will have had a word and told him he will lose his 2 mill loyalty bonus if he asks for a move. Deany take a genius to work it out. Let him play for the stiffs next season he will soon want to leave.

True_Blue69 said:
ste.sully said:
Why aren't we just loaning him out for a season to Villa?? And before anyone slags off Ireland, he has stated he wants to stay less than a month ago, so I don't have any problem with him waiting for his loyalty bonus as he is obviously being pushed out of the club

Don't be so naive, 3 months ago he said he wanted out, his agent will have had a word and told him he will lose his 2 mill loyalty bonus if he asks for a move. Deany take a genius to work it out. Let him play for the stiffs next season he will soon want to leave.

missed that one to ne honest -

If City were contractually obliged to pay then they would have no choice.

It says Ireland is holding out for a golden handshake, which makes out he just wants the money or he won't play ball.

Corky said:
If City were contractually obliged to pay then they would have no choice.

It says Ireland is holding out for a golden handshake, which makes out he just wants the money or he won't play ball.

Depends upon the terms of the contract but they will have to pay something - what i suspect Cookie and co are doing is trying to keep these settlements down to an absolute minimum so that he does not set a precident.

He holds the card because unless he has handed in a transfer request he will get something and it wont be loose change. All this shit to buy a player that has had one good season to replace a similar player who has had one good season and 18 million in cash plus whatever SI gets - worlds gone mad

dctid said:
leighton said:
Anything can still happen in any deal. I dont know why Ireland is included in the deal. IF we are going to get rid put him up for the sale as we would get more money and I hope the club have put in a sell on clause as if he regains the form of 2 years ago he wont be at Villa for long.
Then again this has been going on for a while I dont think it will be sorted by Saturday and you never know he could end up playing a part in the Spurs game as the rules dont apply until the end of the transfer window so up until then any of the players could play and may miss out on being in the 25.

I think the point of including him in this deal is that they dont want him to go to say SPuds or Liverpool or even Arse who have shown interest. By including him as part of this deal we can be sure that he is going to a club that of the three mentioned previously are least likely to challenge us.

For that reason Bellars is likelt to be pushed towards Celtic.

I know what your saying but it feels like we are getting raped by Villa again. Who is to say there wouldnt be interest in Ireland from Italy or Spain were he would have more time on the ball.
I just look at the money floating about and if Sunderland can demand £8 million for Jones the value of Ireland is a lot more than it should be. No matter what people think of him 1 season wonder this that the other. We should have a value of 15-18 million for him if we are dealing with another English team. As he is homegrown his value should go up not down.
It just seems we are selling a player who offers something different to what our other central midfielders and replacing him with a player who is no better than what we already have and at a crazy price. IF City had any sense they would walk away and not be held to ransom by Villa. We were in the driving seat a few weeks ago but somehow they will get a player who will offer them more and a good lump sum. All this money we have you would think there would be someone saying to the powers be that we are getting screwed in this deal and we would make more of a profit by selling Ireland to another team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.