82 lost tackle in good attacking area
87 passed to Bridge
Passes to Tevez
88 pass to Zabaleta
89 passed to Tevez
93 pass to Tevez
93 won vital tackle
93 pass toSWP

this was his total contribution to today. Both him and the other home grown favourite were shocking again today. Though we are still doing well IMHO

Your name suits you.

dickhead.

spacecadet said:
Ireland today

60 came on
62 gave ball away
67stuck leg out lost ball
69 defensive header ball went to Brum
70 lost header
77 won tackle
82 lost tackle in good attacking area
87 passed to Bridge
Passes to Tevez
88 pass to Zabaleta
89 passed to Tevez
93 pass to Tevez
93 won vital tackle
93 pass toSWP

this was his total contribution to today. Both him and the other home grown favourite were shocking again today. Though we are still doing well IMHO
6 successful passes (some of those actually went forward incidentally) and a couple of successful tackles is probably more of a contribution in half an hour than Barry made in 90 minutes. He should have started, although preferably further forward.

He was anonymous for 20 minutes, then got on the ball a bit more for the last 10 and looked like our only midfielder actually comfortable on the ball and who could pick a pass. I think playing against a Birmingham type team he needs to play now, De Jong and Barry are solid, but there's not enough creativity there to break down a packed, hard-working defence. When they are getting closed down constantly, you need that little bit of composure and skill that Ireland (or Johnson) can provide, to break away and get at the back 4.

If there's one player i'd take off you boys for the Villa, it would be Ireland. Based on his performances last season he could turn us from top 8, to top 4. Today's game is the kind that Barry used to struggle with at Villa too. It required a killer pass, or moment of magic, which invariably he cant produce.

Stephen Ireland can.

So if the opening poster could write him a letter, telling him how shit all City fans think he is, be much appreciated.

pee dubya said:
He was anonymous for 20 minutes, then got on the ball a bit more for the last 10 and looked like our only midfielder actually comfortable on the ball and who could pick a pass. I think playing against a Birmingham type team he needs to play now, De Jong and Barry are solid, but there's not enough creativity there to break down a packed, hard-working defence. When they are getting closed down constantly, you need that little bit of composure and skill that Ireland (or Johnson) can provide, to break away and get at the back 4.
About right -still think we set out too defensive away from home and give these type of teams the iniative.

Didnt get the chance to make an impact, probably the reason he was left out in the first place. With Brums hoof it down the channels style of play, the game would more than likely have passed him by - then we'd have another 17 threads about how 'shit' he is.

I found it wierd that we didn'ta ctually try and use Ireland once he came on - even when RSC went off we still seemed to attack down the flanks rather than attempting through the centre where Irelands passing would've been best used....

All that said, I think out of the 4 games at Wigan, Fulham, Birminghan and Burnley we would've certainly taken 8 points if offered them before they happenened - so if we beat Burnley we get a return of 6 points - hardly a disaster....

I think Ireland could do with a few more starts. Especially against the lesser teams, like Burnley and Hull City at home. All well and good starting with more defensive minded players like De Jong & Barry away from home, but Stevie will create more than those 2 anyday of the week. As for today, he came on quite late in the game, and i think it's a bit too much to expect him to be a super-sub every time he comes on as sub. Give him regular start's and you'll start to see him playing at his best again.

Ireland should start if fit in place of de-jong.he`s the only box to box player inthe squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.