Ireland

scowy68

The country not the player.

I was fancying a juant over there some time in the not too distant future.My family is orginaly from the Emerald Isle and it's seems a pity i haven't graced Irish soil as of yet.Dublin is the obvious choice for most people i know,but the furthest from my requirements I'm afraid,it would also be cheaper to have a fortnight in the Carribean than a weekend in Dublin.

I thought maybe S.T.Pats day next year might be a good time to visit and from what i have learnt through my own research on the net so far,Galway seems like a great place to visit,for things to do and the pub scene.I know i can get a cheap flight into Shannon airport and from there reach Limerick easily enough,might be worth spending a night or two there.Any information and suggestions would be gratefully recieved thank you.

If you're looking for cities to visit, Galway and Cork are sound. lesser known places like Westport, in Mayo, or Letterkenny, in Donegal are well worth a visit. Dublin is like London — outrageously expensive. But your best bet might be simply heading off into the country and exploring. There's some breath taking scenery in the countryside and especially on the west coast. It's a great place, I go two or three times a year and can't recommend it enough. Be prepared to bring plenty of money, though — five euros-plus for a pint!

LongsightM13 said:
If you're looking for cities to visit, Galway and Cork are sound. lesser known places like Westport, in Mayo, or Letterkenny, in Donegal are well worth a visit. Dublin is like London — outrageously expensive. But your best bet might be simply heading off into the country and exploring. There's some breath taking scenery in the countryside and especially on the west coast. It's a great place, I go two or three times a year and can't recommend it enough. Be prepared to bring plenty of money, though — five euros-plus for a pint!
HE COULDN T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!

I'm from Limerick and live in Cork and you can have cracking nights out in both if that is what you are after.

If you are after scenery and tourism you can't beat a trip up the west to Mayo, Westport and Achill are well worth taking in.

Galway is probably the best City for nightlife in the country, by a long way, followed by Kilkenny.

Also there are some magnificent drives down around Kerry, the ring of Kerry and that.

Anyway, I'm off to collect my royalty from the Irish tourist board

Galway and Donegal are nice places to visit. Proper Irish culture like.
Get a day in Dublin though, especially if you have never seen it.
Yeah, bring plenty of money, so much more expensive than Manchester. You wont find a 1.95 pint of Carlsberg anywhere!

don t listen to him... dublin is ugly.plus the locals cant talk they sing backwards or something.go to cork as the best place for paddy`s(or galway- if you do ,the man city pub is the western bar just in the town centre-plus the parade finishes there too) spend time in the west coast for some great scenery. dublin is cool but nothing new for the english.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.