Ireland

scowy68 said:
The country not the player.

I was fancying a juant over there some time in the not too distant future.My family is orginaly from the Emerald Isle and it's seems a pity i haven't graced Irish soil as of yet.Dublin is the obvious choice for most people i know,but the furthest from my requirements I'm afraid,it would also be cheaper to have a fortnight in the Carribean than a weekend in Dublin.

I thought maybe S.T.Pats day next year might be a good time to visit and from what i have learnt through my own research on the net so far,Galway seems like a great place to visit,for things to do and the pub scene.I know i can get a cheap flight into Shannon airport and from there reach Limerick easily enough,might be worth spending a night or two there.Any information and suggestions would be gratefully recieved thank you.

very expensive paddy's day can be good a lot in town and stuff but can get messy late at night

It all depends on what you want. Belfast and Dublin have a lot of stag nights from England over but couples and specifically American couples populate the west of Ireland.

Honestly as someone from Ireland the two places to go are Belfast and Dublin. Lots to see in Belfast and lots to see in Dublin (outside of temple bar) if you dont fancy trecking around farms and tourist pubs catering for Americans trying to find the "true ireland" whatever the fuck that is suppose to be.

Go to Belfast. We could do with the money and we're a lot cheaper and we dont hike prices up for tourists on st paddys day. A lot of pubs do 2 for 1 guinness offers which i take full advantage of ;)

I would highly recommend Westport in Mayo.
If its a pub crawl you're after, Castlebar (about 15 minutes drive away) has plenty, and you can get a pint of Guiness for 4 euros. Don't buy cigs there, cost over 8 euros.

bluemike said:
I would highly recommend Westport in Mayo.
If its a pub crawl you're after, Castlebar (about 15 minutes drive away) has plenty, and you can get a pint of Guiness for 4 euros. Don't buy cigs there, cost over 8 euros.

Would agree with this 100%. The west of Ireland is a fantastic place been to Mayo loads of times and to Galway once. Would love to go to Clare next time.

Going over to Belfast next week with the wife (going to see modest mouse at mandella hall) anyone got any recommendations for pubs/restaurants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.