Ireland's dizzy spell

terryphelan

Ireland has not been the same player since this incident. Does anyone else think this is still affecting him mentally?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1224901/Dizzy-Manchester-City-star-Stephen-Ireland-thought-close-death-Fulham-clash.html

Stephen Ireland feared he was going to die when he was rushed to hospital after complaining of dizziness during a Carling Cup tie with Fulham.

The Manchester City star had no-one near him when he suddenly felt unwell.

He was promptly substituted by Mark Hughes but when his symptoms failed to improve, he was taken to Wythenshawe Hospital for exhaustive tests.

Back in business: Ireland was on target in the Carling Cup win over Scunthorpe but the midfielder had a less enjoyable night in the previous round against Fulham
In the end, no reason for Ireland's strange turn was established and he was released during the early hours. But the midfielder admitted at the time he was very worried.

'Thankfully it wasn't too serious because at the time I thought that was the end of me,' he told the Manchester Evening News.

'I don't know what it was. I have had every test that there is and I still don't know but it was a bit of a strange scare.

'It took me a while to get right but I am back on track. Everything is looking positive.'
Ireland returned to action just 12 days afterwards. However, he has since lost his regular starting berth, having failed to find the form that saw him identified as one of the best young players in the country last term.

He was a substitute for Sunday's draw at Birmingham, with a 30-minute appearance failing to prevent City being held to a fourth consecutive draw.

Although the big-spending Blues have lost ground on Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal, they are now in fourth spot, with Ireland confirming City are still pleased with their recent efforts.

'We have almost got a brand new squad but we have clicked really well,' he said. 'We have to get on with it if we want to achieve things and win things this year.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1224901/Dizzy-Manchester-City-star-Stephen-Ireland-thought-close-death-Fulham-clash.html#ixzz0pD58O0JM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0pD58O0JM</a>

My guess is that he is training too hard. All the extra running and training he does in Glossop is perhaps not too good?

Perhaps this is what Bobby Manc was referring to,when he said SI "head was all over the place"
Perhaps it is the scare thats seen him go downhill so quickly and likewise I agree that perhaps he`s pushed himself too far with his workouts in Glossop.

oakiecokie said:
Perhaps this is what Bobby Manc was referring to,when he said SI "head was all over the place"
Perhaps it is the scare thats seen him go downhill so quickly and likewise I agree that perhaps he`s pushed himself too far with his workouts in Glossop.
yes agreed its hard to know when your pushing yourself to hard,you peak, go loking for that bit more, and once you go over the edge, the fall can be , what you always feard, THE OBYSS, it could be impossible for him to revover from such a fall.

colinbellsboots said:
oakiecokie said:
yes agreed its hard to know when your pushing yourself to hard,you peak, go loking for that bit more, and once you go over the edge, the fall can be , what you always feard, THE OBYSS, it could be impossible for him to revover from such a fall.
seems also, that when it concerns you , you are the last one to realise, by that time its already gone to far. hope im wrong tho i really do.

the goats backside said:
I have mentioned this several times but people just want to say he is shit, do me a favour
how many of thoes that call him shit, could even dream of putting on the shirt, he a great lad and has bags of tallant,just somthin wrong with his psychi, imo..

Seems to affected him. Hope he doesn't go despite putting in a r
transfer request because I thnk he'll bounce back next season.

terryphelan said:
Ireland has not been the same player since this incident. Does anyone else think this is still affecting him mentally?

My thoughts exactly; I only hope that regardless of whether it's physical or mental that he gets to the root of it and overcomes it... whatever it is!

I still want to see Steven Ireland become the player he can be with us, awesome talent and eye for a pass. Whilst I think about it; I want to see Ireland and Johnson (Michael) in the centre for us... for me it's bittersweet but we look likely to draft better players in over the summer :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.