Ireland's dizzy spell

Ticket For Schalke said:
He was shite at the start of the season tbf, got a goal againt blackburn, but he was dreadful then.

Not being fair here at all. In the run of our first 5 or 6 games, Barry and Ireland were being touted as one of the best midfield duos in the premier league. Ireland's form only took a serious nosedive after he had that dizzy spell. He had played as a regular to that point and then fell out of the starting lineup and never made it back.

Aug 15th @ Blackburn (CM-R)
Aug 22nd @h to Wolves (CM-R)
Aug 27th @ Crystal Palace (M in 4-3-3)
Aug 30th @ Portsmouth (RM)
Sep 12th @h to Arsenal (AM)
Sep 20th @ Man United (RCF)
Sep 23rd @h to Fullham in CC (Played 75 mins as RM subbed for Petrov)
Sep 28th @h to West Ham (dropped from line-up all together)
Oct 5th @ Aston Villa (Subbed in for Nigel DeJong playing at RM at 50 mins)
Oct 18th @ Wigan (Subbed in for SWP playing at RM at 83 mins)

After this he never became a consistent starter again, so it's fair to say that this dizzy spell was the beginning of his troubles.

macmanson said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
He was shite at the start of the season tbf, got a goal againt blackburn, but he was dreadful then.

Not being fair here at all. In the run of our first 5 or 6 games, Barry and Ireland were being touted as one of the best midfield duos in the premier league. Ireland's form only took a serious nosedive after he had that dizzy spell. He had played as a regular to that point and then fell out of the starting lineup and never made it back.

After this he never became a consistent starter again, so it's fair to say that this dizzy spell was the beginning of his troubles.

Wasnt de jong injured at start of the season though?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
macmanson said:

Wasnt de jong injured at start of the season though?

Yes, but he started coming back as a sub in the 3rd and 4th games and started in the 5th game along side Ireland. DeJong and Ireland were playing together in the first 11 up until he went out with the dizzy spell. At this point, Bellamy and SWP become more regular first teamers and Ireland rarely gets consecutive games from that point.

The thought had crossed my mind, His season did take a nose dive after this point. Could just be a coincidence though.

I said this a while back, i still feel he over did it over the summer.

the dizzy spell shit the lad up, i think he's scared of over doing it again incase it happens again.

the bit where he said he thought he was gonna die, is enough to make anyone go bad.

I think we will have to get used to good players wanting to leave. Players not in the team regularly will get restless and lets face it currently virtually all our players are top class players. The difference with previous transfers will be that very few will move to a "more ambitious" team or for "I want to win trophies" reasons.

he don't go dizzy when he's playing well and he's got form for porkies...i think the clue to it might just be in Mancinis advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.