Irelands reception at home?

TFC said:
Ricster said:
Fuck him. After those comments, especially the hypocritical one about our kids spending money i'll boo the bald bastard.

Fucking hell Ric, its only a game of footy!

As far as Stevies reception goes, I think he will be booed. Not by every blue, but he has certainly made a rod for his own back these last couple of days. Villa ***** booing Barry last season got to the lad, wonder if blues booing him will get to Ireland?

Mentally, he is a lightweight so it will get to him I have no doubt.

I will boo him now the ****.

Facts:
1 good season in 5
Used to say he wanted to be a City legend but threw the towel in the moment a manager questioned him.
Always struggled against the big teams
Slags our youngsters off aftere they've been influenced by people like himself
Hypocryte
No thanks.

This club has carried SI for a long time and during many a difficult periods.
Cheeky, bitter bastard

He will be at Wigan or West Brom inside 2 years

It's strange really.
I don't rate Ireland and I never really have. I think he goes missing in the majority of games and doesn't really justify this 'top-class young player' tag that he gets. Technically, he's gifted, but he's stopped for being 'top-class' cus he's not mentally with it.

Whether or not I rate him though he gave me a few happy moments and I'll clap him, not cheer, just applaud for a few seconds. As soon as the whistle goes to start the game though, he's just another Villa player and I'd love to see him score 3 own goals to give us a comfortable win.

Ricster said:
without a dream said:
I'm not denying he's been a proper prick and he can't complain about whatever flak goes his way but wishing someone to collapse for a few dickhead comments is taking it way too far.

I didn't say i wished it on him. All i've ever wanted is to see City win something in my 32 years on this planet. 32, feckin years. And this little twat turns round and says he couldn't give a shit if we won or lost.

Do you know what i'd give to have been in his position? I'd give everything i own and love to pull that jersey on for City. For him to say that has made my blood boil like never before.

Fair play, I agree with that.

without a dream said:
Ricster said:
I didn't say i wished it on him. All i've ever wanted is to see City win something in my 32 years on this planet. 32, feckin years. And this little twat turns round and says he couldn't give a shit if we won or lost.

Do you know what i'd give to have been in his position? I'd give everything i own and love to pull that jersey on for City. For him to say that has made my blood boil like never before.

Fair play, I agree with that.

Should have maybe explained it better than my usual ranting. Apologies if i upset you.

Ricster said:
without a dream said:
I'm not denying he's been a proper prick and he can't complain about whatever flak goes his way but wishing someone to collapse for a few dickhead comments is taking it way too far.

Maybe Stevie and I have both failed to engage our brains before we have spoke. Ireland by name, Ireland by nature.

-- Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:11 pm --

de niro said:
as someone says its football, lets keep things civil hey.
Apologies. Well pissed

no worries, i know you care, we all do.

Complicated character Ireland, bordering on the mentally unstable. He didn't mind the £60k a week he was getting once the Sheikh purchased the club, but is happy to criticise the overt wealth which permeates every facet of the club now. He had enough opportunities to impress Mancini, but he messed them up - witness his failure to mark Scholes when the ginger one headed the last minute winner in April against us. I'll always cheer for anyone who pulls the shirt on, and am not really an ex-player booer, but I might make exception for him. Fool.

Polite applause is recommended. Followed by a few chants of youre as mad as a box of frogs would be acceptable in the circumstances.

de niro said:
franksinatra said:
His record in Italy hardly suggests he is incompetent and statistically averaged more points than Mark hughes with Hughes players. If once being linked with the Sunderland job is the best you can throw at him, its a pretty weak argument.

lol here come the hughes posts again, it makes me piss my sides the way bobby fans are so shit scared of a guy long gone.

Neither a bobby fan or not. Just think with his track record the time to judge him is when he has had a full transfer window and brought his own players into the squad. The comparison to Hughes was to reflect the fact that he is hardly incompetent if his record is compared to an established premiership manager.

I will always support the current City manager until it is proven blatantly obvious his tenure is not deserving of this support. Sorry if this disagrees with your already premature opinion of our current manager.

So apart from the comment about the younger players running around with thousand pound watches, which I'm sure could have easily been taken out of context, what exactly has he said to piss everyone off?

As far as I'm aware he mostly said that he felt he wasn't given a fair chance and he's entitled to his opinion on the matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.