Irish Independent Article

A A

Anonymous

Taken from a City mailing list I'm on. Apologies if it's already been posted, or if there's another thread this needs to be merged into. But, I am shocked the guy reckons he's only had ONE complaint about it. Well, he's had two now.

I spoke to the Sports Editor from the Irish Independent today and he told me he had "passed" the article (including the "team of c***s closing remark) and he was happy for it to appear in print last Sunday and on their website.
He said he had only received ONE complaint about the piece... from me!
When I asked him why the paper told me yesterday that they had received lots of complaints he didn't believe me. When I asked why the article had been removed from their website he said he didn't even know it had been removed!
I suggested that if he was happy with the piece and if they hadnt received any complaints then they should put it back up on their website.
He also said that the behaviour of the "likes of Craig Bellamy in the derby" justified the "c***s line!
He said he had been made aware of a City forum where there were people not happy with the piece. He suggested I read the remarks on there as they were mainly racist... anti Irish!
I asked him how he thought someone like Shay Given (94 International caps) would feel reading that comment.. he answered by saying he didn't think Shay would mind at all and that he did an interview with this dion fanning only a few weeks ago. I said I bet he wont be doing any in the near future with him... his response "I would think he will!"
I asked if he would refer to the piece in this Sundays paper or possibly even apologise... obviously he said he wouldn't.

I also spoke to MCFC press people and they are aware of the piece and the journalist. They said he would not be granted accreditation for any future MCFC interviews etc.,

Heres the sports editors mail address.

jgreene@independent.ie

Please everyone of you send this joker an e mail expressing your disgust at this "piece of journalism".

There's a thread about this and there have been plenty of complaints, and promises of action against him...

missed the article - any links?? We might be team of c*nts - but at least we're not a team of cheating c*nts!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.