Irish Independent Article

Didsberry blue said:
mancity89 said:
Ohhhh sales in manchester of the irish independent must been really down.

I'll never buy it again. (actually scrub the word again)

I went to the newsagents before and couldnt find it. They must of taken it from the shelves following the article

Complaints need to be directed to the editor who's email address is above.

To be honest I'd only just come across the piece as I have been trying to avoid the press. It is unbelievable, and the reaction of the editor is even more lamentable. I do implore everyone on this board to send a short note of complaint to him. Leave the racist stuff out please lads - lets not be as classless as the publication in question.

To be honest I think we shot ourselves in the foot, the fact that we lowered ourselves to racist and threatening language allowed them to react they way they have!

I got a good email back from Dion and I also had a good chat with the Sports Editor who called me to discuss the article, he accepted it had crossed boundaries and understood why there was so much anger about it.

The club have shown their true professionalism and we must follow suit now.

PS: The article was forwarded to a number of people at ADUG last night:)

I've also boycotted the Caernforth Evening Chronicle and the Barnoldswick Daily Bugle on the basis that they had a go at Craig Bellamy.

Did the article actually go to print? I know I couldnt buy the irish independent over here on sunday...wasnt in any shops, delay with delievery, was thinking maybe they removed it? and vamps up yours!!!

BillyShears said:
Complaints need to be directed to the editor who's email address is above.

To be honest I'd only just come across the piece as I have been trying to avoid the press. It is unbelievable, and the reaction of the editor is even more lamentable. I do implore everyone on this board to send a short note of complaint to him. Leave the racist stuff out please lads - lets not be as classless as the publication in question.
mr Dion fanning is the son of the editor of the indo, so maybe It's landing on deaf ears.

Dear Sir,

I would like to make you aware of my disatisfaction at the article penned by this so called journalist who ended it by referring to Man City Players as c**ts.

I would assume that your job is to ensure some code of ethics is adherred to.This obviously didnt happen.

In my job we pay for 100 independents per day for customers.That has amounted to a lot of money over the years.I will be cancelling this order immediately on the back of this if no apology is made to Manchester City FC.

I am also aware the Independent is facing a possible legal action from Manchester City on the back of this incident.

It was also subject of discussion by members of the Dublin Branch of the Official Supporters Club last night.

I will also be forwarding this complaint,as have hundreds of other Irish City fans to the press ombudsman.

I would like Mr. Fanning to openly apologise for such vulgar remarks.He and your inaction have sullied the reputation of your newspaper.

Darrin Stewart-O'Toole

Dear sir/c**ts

It takes one to know one

Yours sincerely
The guy your wifes been seeing while she was going to the 'gym'

Here's my email to him;

I wish to complain most strongly about an article on your website last sunday by a 'journalist (?) called Dion Fanning. In it he called Manchester City players c***s. It was one of the most biased, ill thought articles I have come across in recent times. How the hell can Fanning pass comment on people he has most likely never sat down with and had a decent conversation. Check these sites out;
<a class="postlink" href="http://stephenireland.com/charity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stephenireland.com/charity/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://craigbellamyfoundation.org/index.php/cbf-academy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://craigbellamyfoundation.org/index.php/cbf-academy</a>
Are these two of the so-called c***s to which Fanning referred in his appalling article? If he wants two examples of c***-ish behaviour, I suggest he studies the tape of Ferguson and Neville goading the Manchester City fans after they scored the fourth goal on Sunday. Or what about Ferguson calling City a "small club", after he criticized Fanning's beloved Liverpool ( I understand he is a Liverpool fan?) and their manager Rafael Benitez for saying the same thing about Everton last season. I was going to enquire how Fanning managed to land such a high profile position with one of Ireland's leading newspapers; then I remembered who the editor of the paper is. I note that the said 'article' was pulled from your website by sunday evening; presumably, therefore someone in a position of influence recognised it for the prejudiced piece of journalism that it is. And when I phoned your offices yesterday afternoon the lady I was speaking to remarked that I had by no means been the first to complain about it. I will be interested to see if the more responsible of your staff mange to publish a retraction and an apology this sunday.

Re. the apology, I won't hold my breath!!

Ajay you are absolutely spot on regarding this whole episode.........................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.