Irish journalist calls City players "c***s"

kiam06 said:
I received an email from Dion Fanning this morning after my complaint, he made a threat to publish my email address in the Irish Independent with my message. It is against the code of practice privacy rules to publish personal information such as an email address therefore I have made a complaint to the press ombudsman, we will see what comes of this.

The guy is an absolute disgrace, if it is a guy it might be a girl with a name like Dion. It will be interesting to see if he publlishes my email address as he will be hearing from me if he does, the last thing I need is a bunch of irrate Irishman emailing me but if they do they will be told where to go too.

Pop up a copy of the email mate.....

This was his reply:

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry you didn't find my joke funny. Most people did. I'll make sure your email is printed in next week's paper along with your name and email address.

Thanks for taking the time to write,

Dion

To me that is a threat to publish my personal information, he can publish my message but not address.

kiam06 said:
This was his reply:

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry you didn't find my joke funny. Most people did. I'll make sure your email is printed in next week's paper along with your name and email address.

Thanks for taking the time to write,

Dion

To me that is a threat to publish my personal information, he can publish my message but not address.

Cocky git aint he.

We will see how cocky he is when my solicitor knocks on his door, he is picking the wrong fight with me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pressombudsman.ie/v2/pressombudsman/portal.php?content=_includes/codeofpractice.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pressombudsman.ie/v2/pressom ... actice.php</a>

Clearly states about privacy.

kiam06 said:
We will see how cocky he is when my solicitor knocks on his door, he is picking the wrong fight with me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pressombudsman.ie/v2/pressombudsman/portal.php?content=_includes/codeofpractice.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pressombudsman.ie/v2/pressom ... actice.php</a>

Clearly states about privacy.

Mate, as you have already asserted the press complaints commsion will take this very seriously.

What a Twat!

Why bother with this fanning tit. He only writes this tripe just to get a response. Lazy journo who just throws cheap shots. Probably does the cookery section and film reviews as well.

I’ve received a standard email from the Office of the Press Ombudsman and Press Council of Ireland saying that they are going to look into the matter. Let’s hope that there are some repercussions for Mr Fanning.

my email has been sent:

"Dear Sirs,

I must complain bitterly about an article my son showed me this morning printed in the Independent.ie by Dion Fanning who has clearly crossed all ethical boundaries with the use of his language showing clear disrespect for every reader be them a football supporter or not.

The Article has without doubt offended many people including myself and my son who found it unbelievable to say the least, the main quote I refer to is:

“Nobody, not even Alex Ferguson, ever doubted that you couldn't win anything with kids. Today we will get a better idea if City can win anything with c***s.”

Based on the above quote I would like to offer this email as my official complaint and with that I hope your organization takes the appropriate action as I am sure the Press Ombudsman must take action against such ‘Press Freedom’.

Finally, I hope the fact that the article has been removed has no bearing on your action, the fact remains simple – it was printed and people read it.

Thank you and I await your response."

i have just sent something similar to ombudsman and said jounalist, i can assure you the journo got the treatment.

Here's Dion - heading for an icy fall perhaps?

dionfanning.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.