Irish leading the way again

Fuck it, I'm moving to Ireland where I can enjoy religious freedom and a pint of my favourite beer. Anyone know where I can get a pint of black and tan?

Seriously though. Well done to the Irish Muslim community.

I hope and pray that Ireland can hold the status quo, despite the referendum. It's pretty bloody scary imagining the alternatives.

I hope and pray that Ireland can hold the status quo, despite the referendum. It's pretty bloody scary imagining the alternatives.
Irish English free movement and trade pre date the European Union so should survive the vote. Especially with the good Friday agreement. Fingers crossed. Hopefully if things go wrong we'll offer residence to the Brits here, most of them are already residents and the rest are welcome.

I really hope so. The Sinn Feinn suggestion re a unified Ireland really spooked me if I'm honest. I don't want to go back to those dark and horrible times.
Trusting that nobody else does either :-(

Very nice and all, but this is rather relevant:

gsi2-chp3-6.png

Opinion poll of British Muslims:

52% do not believe that homosexuality should be legal in Britain

Q: To what extent you agree or disagree with each one: homosexuality should be legal in Britain?

Net agree 18% (strongly agree 8%, tend to agree 10%)

Net disagree: 52% (strongly disagree: 38%, tend to disagree: 14%)

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/...ary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

Nice to see an effort to the contrary however, so fair play.

Very nice and all, but this is rather relevant:

gsi2-chp3-6.png

Opinion poll of British Muslims:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/...ary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

Nice to see an effort to the contrary however, so fair play.

Relevant?

How can it be without comparable figures of non-muslim opinion? If for instance 83% of muslims in Albania think homosexuality is wrong when contrasted to only 17% of the population at large, that might suggest muslims in Albania have a problem with homosexuality. But if the number of Albanians generally who think homosexuality is wrong is anywhere near 83%, or possibly even more, that doesn't say anything about muslims per se but it may well tell you plenty about prevailing social attitudes in Albania.

Do you have any basis for thinking that in these countries the opinion of muslims specifically tends to be significantly out of line with prevailing opinions generally? Or do you think that homophobia isn't a problem in (say) Russia generally, it's only amongst the Russian muslim community?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.