is anybody a genius with excel (specifically pivot tables)??

es1

i need help and have no one to ask!

i've created a pivot table in excel which is not returning a value for a cell from the database. it should be returning the number 1 but the cell and formula bar are blank. if i change the number in the database from 1 to any other number or letter the pivot table returns it fine!

can anyone help me sort this out??

cheers

without seeing your data, its going to be hard to give you advice I think.

Double check everything is inserted correctly into the pivot table dialogue box, or check the original worksheet for any errors in the formula bar there.

Is it an exercise on pivot tables only? Because if you just need a summary of the data you can input it into the formula bar manualu

roaminblue said:

Double check everything is inserted correctly into the pivot table dialogue box, or check the original worksheet for any errors in the formula bar there.

Is it an exercise on pivot tables only? Because if you just need a summary of the data you can input it into the formula bar manualu

thanks for your reply, unfortunately i cant send it to you

i've double checked everything and then checked it again...still none the wiser!

es1 said:
roaminblue said:

thanks for your reply, unfortunately i cant send it to you

i've double checked everything and then checked it again...still none the wiser!

no, that's fine mate.

Try re-doing the process in a new spread sheet, just create a 3 by 3 table of random numbers (=randbetween (1, 100) (for example)) and re-do the pivot. It may have been something in the process.

That tends to work for me if there has been an error, just do it again, it could have been something simple that's been overlooked, but its always harder to recognise an error when looking at a final piece of work, then when going over the process. At least, I find that to be the case

edit: Are you picking pertinent points from the original worksheet or consolidating into a "whole data" type page?

if the latter, you can just input one formula and use shortcut functions to select the rest of the column/rows

edit edit: also, check the number "rules" for the worksheets. It could be that there is a rule set up for certain numbers, particularly if its not your personal computer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.