is anyone else nervous as f*** about finishing 4th??

black mamba said:
the funny thing is that if it happened would City fans rather us finish in the top four again next season , to 'rubber-stamp our progress .. or actually go and win the Champions League ??

which of them would show best that we'd truly arrived?????
Winning it would see us automatically qualify again anyway, so it's no contest.

Not a chance of it happening though. Even if we do finish fourth, we've still then got to qualify for the group stage and that certainly won't be easy.

It's nice to dream though.

Very nervous but determined to enjoy the ride, this is what football is all about, the unknown! We all just need to try and make sure we don't transfer that nervousness to the team but give them as much vocal backing and encouragement we possibly can. THIS IS OUR TIME

Not as nervous as cup games this year, would have loved one this year for many reasons but as 4th is our only thing left to play for lets go for it, if we achieve dont expect all the worlds best players to arrive though we are still building a team they come later

Not at all. It's fucking fourth place. I always get nervous in the cups but fourth is hardly something that goes on the honours list is it?

I think it is very sad that fourth is valued higher than the domestic cups by a lot of people. As long as we get into Europe next season all is good, I fucking loved our UEFA Cup run.

Ultimately we have a game in hand, with Spurs and Villa to come to us. I mean, you'd take that above any one elses run in wouldn't you?

Not at all. It's fucking fourth place. I always get nervous in the cups but fourth is hardly something that goes on the honours list is it?

Top 4 = a chance to acquire the truly best players + to play in the best competition in club football. So yes, it's something that is absolutely above domestic cups at this state of our development

masterwig said:

I think it is very sad that fourth is valued higher than the domestic cups by a lot of people. As long as we get into Europe next season all is good, I fucking loved our UEFA Cup run.

Fourth is hardly something that goes on the honours list - Correct. However lets not kid ourselves into thinking if we get 4th it's not an achievement because it is. This is a club that finished 9th last season and hasn't qualified for europe via leauge positions for many seasons, finishing 4th would represent our best finish in the top leauge for a long time aswell as meaning we get a chance to play in one of the best cup competitions in europe and possibly face some of the top teams in europe, it's where we want to be surely?

Would you be happy winning the Carling Cup of FA Cup each year and only playing in the europa seeing as you think it's sad four is valued higher than a domestic cup win or would you rather us aim to be playing against the best sides in europe by finishing as high up in the leauge as possible?

Over 38 games if you finish 4th it's an achievement for a club like us at present especially considering some people were more than happy with the progress we supposedly made last season where we finished in mid table

Chumps league is prestige, raises the club profile, but a trophy is what will get us off our seats and make noise again, then we will be ready to take on the best of europe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.