Is anyone else worried ?

dref619

Firstly, let me say how excited i am to be watching the likes of silva and yaya along witk king carlos again next season.
But with all this spending, is no one worried about the exodus of all our academy products at the club. It looks if milner and another full back signs, wel see riichards, ireland and onouha leave. I think Onouha is nowhere near good eough to be at this evel, but i still feel richard and ireland could contribute and i think that we would desperately regret richards leaving, because i think he will be world class in the future.

I don't want us to stop spending, im delighted that we've now got a real shot at winning something for the first thing in my life and i couldnt be more grateful to ADUG for everything the clubs gone through over the past two/three years, but i still have this niggling worry about us abandoning the academy

Am i alone in this ?

Slightly, but if theyre not good enough, then by all means they should move on and not be kept for sentiment. Personally aswell I'd give Ireland and Richards another year, see how they develop and they could fill voids or even start if needed/on form and do a decent job.

But the academy should not be abandoned, some good players could develop out of there, and if not, it could still help many youngsters shape a career in football elsewhere if they're moved on.

dref619 said:
Firstly, let me say how excited i am to be watching the likes of silva and yaya along witk king carlos again next season.
But with all this spending, is no one worried about the exodus of all our academy products at the club. It looks if milner and another full back signs, wel see riichards, ireland and onouha leave. I think Onouha is nowhere near good eough to be at this evel, but i still feel richard and ireland could contribute and i think that we would desperately regret richards leaving, because i think he will be world class in the future.

I don't want us to stop spending, im delighted that we've now got a real shot at winning something for the first thing in my life and i couldnt be more grateful to ADUG for everything the clubs gone through over the past two/three years, but i still have this niggling worry about us abandoning the academy

Am i alone in this ?
not worried in the slightest, no room for sentiment where we're heading and when the new training complex is completed in a few years i'm sure we'll be churning out academy products.

gives academy players a higher bar to aim at and a bigger challenge. they need to step up. if theyre good enough, they will play. i personally think weiss and guidetti will be pushing our XI in 1-2 years

sad to say, but irleand would be first out the door, closeley followed by swp.

if we hang on to irleand, what value he has left after last season cash in, because if he has another shocker, we'l make not a right lot.
and is he ever going to get a game?
de jong, vieira, barry, silva, yaya etc he's not going to get game time

dref619 said:

Am i alone in this ?

No , you are not alone ........

but as with all clubs with real ambition now , any kid that does break through is gonna have to be more special than ever ........ or else they'll undoubtedly have to take their chances elsewhere ....... the club want to make a real impression , and reach the top as soon as they possibly can , and unfortunately the times where they can afford to wait years for promising kids to make the grade have seemingly long gone ......

times have changed here , and unfortunately , as things stand , it may mean more parents advise against their kids coming to clubs who are in our position , as they don't feel they'll ever get a real chance of making it.

But Platinis plans could eventually offer the kids here more hope of quick progression .... as he , without doubt , intends to curb our spending.

doesn't bother me in the slightest,don't care if we don't produce a home grown player again if it means we start winning things

Skashion said:
*clears throat* FUCK MILNER. We've got Yaya and Silva, with Robinho possibly making a return and Ireland as well. Just no.
i actually dont see the purpose of buying milner now, especially if yaya returns to his box to box monaco days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.