Is bad news better than good news?

glen quagmire

Hanging my tea towel up for good. R.I.P GSC
Take the two adam johnson threads,

Adam johnson to leave? 520 replies.

Adam johnson to stay! 21 replies.

Are we really doom mongerers? Is bad/negative news more exciting than good/positive news? Or is it simply that, the negative stuff will provoke the more incensed posters?

Nothing like a knee-jerk reaction. Any player, fan or pundit who dares question Mancini should be hung....

forevercity said:
Nothing like a knee-jerk reaction. Any player, fan or pundit who dares question Mancini should be hung....
Nothing like an unintended irony.

Marvin said:
forevercity said:
How so? Where have I been knee-jerk? I support players who deserve my support through thick and thin? Please show me where I have been knee-jerk?

forevercity said:
Marvin said:
How so? Where have I been knee-jerk? I support players who deserve my support through thick and thin? Please show me where I have been knee-jerk?

I think Marvin has just had a knee-jerk reaction.......................

On a serious note, there's always more talk about when we are shit or people don't rate players. What do you say when you are playing well and destroying all that come before you:

"That was brilliant wasn't it?"
"Yeah. Brilliant"
*both stare at shoes*
"Fancy a pint?"

On the other hand, I had fucking loads to talk about when we were really shit (How do we put things right? Who do we buy? Who should own/manage us?) and on a similar note, I'm more likely to come on here after a defeat than after a win ("That was ace! *yawn*)

It's just the way it is. Being shit gives you lots to talk about but affects your mental health while being good turns you into a boring c*nt but gives you an enormous sense of well being.

It's God's way of keeping the Status Quo.

Danamy said:
forevercity said:

I think Marvin has just had a knee-jerk reaction.......................
Must have, he can call me whatever he wants, but in certainly not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.