is ESPN better than $ky?

ESPN shades it for me, not as bias towards the traditional top 4, all though the coverage on Sky is exceptional.

Hate sky!! I have it but only really for the cricket and sky sports news! Get a much better service from premier league tv!! show the dinner ko 3pm then 5pm and after the 3pm they analyse every other game and show match of the day style coverage and analysis for all its quite impressive actually and normally its one of skys old blokes (the one that used to do your on sky sports), Curbishley and former players. If youve got the money invest in viasat its another level

I dont get this ESPN are less biased to the old "Sky 4 " bit that people are saying. It seems they try to show Scum and Dipper home bankers at every opportunity to me.

discopop said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I prefer ESPN, but then again. It's the only channel I ever have on. American football - all levels, NHL, Football. I love American sports and the only thing that they don't have which is kind of annoying is the NFL Post-season and Superbowl.

Edit: And to the previous poster, it's an American thing. With the NFL there is always a pitch side desk where they do alot of the pre-game interviews and analysis'.

Having worked in the States for quite a while I came to love NFL (my Maud calls in Not Fooking Likely when its on bless) Baseball and basketball, ESPN are brilliant for the latter two but generally only seem to have the Monday night game which is way too late for me, Sky's coverage of NFL is nothing short of fantastic 2 very knowledgeable main hosts, great coverage of games and the big one.

The thing on the pitch makes me laugh though everyone just looks miserable and cold maybe ESPN are trying to do it on the cheap as well as conforming to American standards.

The Monday night game only is a little disappointing, but with the Sunday night game on channel 4, I've got enough to last me the week, especially if you include the college football aswell, which is generally not too far off of NFL levels with some Colleges.

I presume many of the people who moan about Sky are too young to remember the coverage provided by BBC and ITV before Sky started up. To say it was abysmal would be an understatement.You were given 'highlights of four or five matches (about eight minutes each) after they had shown most of a Rags match.Their attitude was shut up, pay your licence fee and think yourself lucky. The later they could get away with showing the matches the better, they made sure they didn't get in the way off all the rubbish they normally show.

Nowadays they try to pretend that they are the 'home of football', especially Linekar.

I will always be grateful to Sky for breaking the mould. Yes it has become a bit cliched, but I wonder if that is just a need to be constantly updating their coverage now that there is competition from other channels.

As for ESPN, I hate the presenters especially Waddle. They are biased towards the old 'big four' and many of their comments come into the category of the 'bleeding obvious'.

I still watch the channel, but if possible blank out the commentary.

Craig Burley seems to be very critical of us for some reason, more so than the rest of them. Rebecca lowe is fit as fuck tho, watched it down the pub yesterday. That outside broadcast was very strange.

From what I have seen of ESPN is it is ok not too bad just ok. As for that bag of shit over at Sky I fucking hate it with a passion. From the twats of Keys , Gray and Redknapp time to knock those 3 clueless fuckers out and change it around. They have some good analists in Souness and even Wilkins I wouldnt mind seeing more of them over the others who are a joke.

I think ESPN has to get more coverage of the sports that most people watch. I am tired of seeing all the American sports they are showing. I get it free so I dont pay for it but if I had to I would get rid. I only watch the UFC and the odd football match on it from time to time.

MCFC-alan88 said:
discopop said:
Having worked in the States for quite a while I came to love NFL (my Maud calls in Not Fooking Likely when its on bless) Baseball and basketball, ESPN are brilliant for the latter two but generally only seem to have the Monday night game which is way too late for me, Sky's coverage of NFL is nothing short of fantastic 2 very knowledgeable main hosts, great coverage of games and the big one.

The thing on the pitch makes me laugh though everyone just looks miserable and cold maybe ESPN are trying to do it on the cheap as well as conforming to American standards.

The Monday night game only is a little disappointing, but with the Sunday night game on channel 4, I've got enough to last me the week, especially if you include the college football aswell, which is generally not too far off of NFL levels with some Colleges.

College football is much better than the NFL. some of the running backs in college are nothing short of astonishing
Also liking that ESPN 30 for 30 at moment some inspiring stories on that

Watching KK and Barnes talking to that mascot at Stevenage on Sat was terrible television. And Craig Burley is a complete twat. But ESPN as a whole is a much more balanced and fair watch than Sky Sports is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.