Is everyone confident this season?

gillymcfc said:
Irlamblue said:
I really beleive we will win the premiership....

I like your optimism keep it up dont let the doomers dampen your spirits if they try

Oh No.

we have what it takes.... workers and skill combined...

gillymcfc said:
Irlamblue said:
I really beleive we will win the premiership....

I like your optimism keep it up dont let the doomers dampen your spirits if they try

Oh No.

we have what it takes.... workers and skill combined...

it's hard to be confident about the season when the first team has yet to play. would like to see Tevez in the sky blue run about and pop one in. yes they are friendlies, but we need to eventually put a strong side together and start to get the team to really gel. hoping for a quick return for Tevez.

judleberry said:
I think we might struggle this season (but still finish the season top 6) and then fly next season. I think so many teams will be out to do us over out of principle because we have the sheer audacity to improve our team, everyone will treat us as their cup final i think. By the following season we will be old news and the lads will have gelled and i think we could really push for the title.

I know i am probably alone here, but i'm liking what i have seen so far in pre-season. I initially was frustrated by the results, but after hours of analysing i think i have worked out what Hughes is doing...

In all the SA games and in the game today i was thinking JUST BLOODY SHOOT! I couldn't work out why they were trying to pass the ball into the net, it seemed nobody was interested in being the person that scored the goal - only the one who sets it up, we didn't do this last year and we had goals galore! But, i think Hughes wants us to start playing more "pretty" football, a la the Arse and Barca - so that we also have that weapon to use in matches (Ade is able to score 30 goals like this) and we won't get accused of playing like Bolton after we've spent so much. We have the players that have the individual flair to do these little tricks and back heels and clever passes, and it looks like this is the style we are trying to make 'click' in pre season and today shows we have so nearly got it. We already know how many goals we can score using last seasons tried and tested method (give it to Robbie!), so don't need to practice that at the minute, and then on top of this, if all else fails, stick Roque and Petrov on and send crosses into the box and he can head them in.

I think we are gonna have so many more options this season for scoring goals. Set pieces though - I think these may still escape us!
spot on there mate its going to be everybody's cup final when they play us i think gareth barry will be the best of the new signing its mouth watering though keep thinking its all a dream cant wait for blackburn just hope its not the same old city that turns up

Good morning fellow bluemooners,just got back from holiday in the lake district last night (late) so i'am trying to catch up on what you have all been up to while i was away (i hope you were all very well behaved boys and girls)anyway i was walking along the shore of lake windemere last week when behold ! i spoted a gentleman in the new city top,so we had a bit of a yarn,but i was a bit pushed for time so have to cut it short before i had the chance to ask his view on how we will do this coming season.So when i saw this subject this morning i was straight to it (that was a bit long winded,was'nt it ! )anyhow my thinking is along the same lines as most so far,top six whould be very nice and maybe a cup final,but lets face it we all know that the team will need time to gell,so lets be patient folks.If we do get off to a bad start you can see the shit newspaper headlines now,' moneybags city in relegation dogfight' (after two games i might add ) 'Mark Hughes on the brink', 'Arabs threaten pullout at city unless results improve' (after two games ) 'Hughes replacement to be announced at home game today' (that will be the first home game with wolves !)but apart from that let's all sit back and enjoy the ride.

citybluesmith said:
what i saw yesterday no.i hope when we get tevez in the side he shoots,not like yesterday when we tried to walk it into the net.

I'm not worried at all about our form in pre season friendlies. I dont think they have any bearing on how we will perform once the season gets going. It was interesting listening to Steve Claridge (crap player and commentator but knows a bit about pre seasons) on the radio yesterday. He was saying that the basic problem with pre season friendlies is that the players are tired before they go onto the pitch. The training regime is still all about building stamina and they dont prepare for the friendlies in the same way as they would a competitive match. They dont have the light training in the days leading up to the match. So there is a tendency to play at walking pace. The style of play at Blackburn will be totally different.

More important problems are that players like Tevez and Santa Cruz are injured and we wont have a settled back four for some time. But we really do need to get 6 or 7 points out of those first three matche to avoid a build up of pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.