Is Ferguson thinking one step ahead?

Dobsy

He says if we win then we've won the title. Is he doing a Mancini? I suspect he expect City to beat United so he's trying to make our guys complacent for the Newcastle game.

This is the chess game of all chess games!

Of course he is. He's hoping City will relax if we beat United, and he's also winding the Newcastle players up. People talk about mind games from Ferguson and Mancini, but in reality it's psychology for 3 year olds.

Dobsy said:
He says if we win then we've won the title. Is he doing a Mancini? I suspect he expect City to beat United so he's trying to make our guys complacent for the Newcastle game.

He is, but Bobby was two moves ahead when he said that Swansea and Sunderland would be easy for the rags. Never been this nervous in 38 years of going to watch City.

What he's saying is that this is the biggest game for them, win it and they are more or less guaranteed the league.

Look no further than this game, it's their title decider.

Dobsy said:

I think it's the press that make a thing of mind games, vinny has said in recent interview that it doesn't make a difference what the managers say as it still all comes down to 11 vs 11.
It's all about which 11 perform to the max will win the game...

Its simple for us, we need to win the next game ahead of us until the season ends. They are still hoping for others to do the job for them. The only game i care about is the derby, then the only game i will care about will be Newcastle and so on.

The thing is shakin bacon says something like this and gets lauded as the master of the mind games...bobby manc says something similar and gets caled a jibbering fool who's lost the plot...
Keep rolling them out pisscan,we love it,really love it...

People make way too much of these so called 'mind games'. It's not going to make players complacent at all, they are well aware that even if they win they have to win the two remaining games.

It's tricky to plan ahead with what will be left, ie two games.
No he's shitting It, feels united have maybe missed out through these recent slips.
If he does lose the title I am wondering who he will want to punch first................I'd say maybe that prick Fred Done would be high on the cocksureometer.

Phate said:
People make way too much of these so called 'mind games'. It's not going to make players complacent at all, they are well aware that even if they win they have to win the two remaining games.

Why anyone would give a shit about what Ferguson has to say is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.