Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Future's Blue said:
Shirley said:
We have goal line technology about to be introduced.
VR in football will eventually arrive but football then I imagine will be nothing like it is these days, it will be totally controlled by TV companies.
And that's the equation. Who controls football, FIFA/UEFA/FA or the television companies?

Or the gambling syndicates. Or Middle Eastern governments? Qatar world cup anyone?

No-one is going to convince me that we haven't ended up with a world cup in fooking Qatar of all places without some serious and well dodgy dosh being trousered.

It'll be the winter Olympics in central Africa next.

Chippy_boy said:
The Future's Blue said:
Shirley said:
We have goal line technology about to be introduced.
VR in football will eventually arrive but football then I imagine will be nothing like it is these days, it will be totally controlled by TV companies.
And that's the equation. Who controls football, FIFA/UEFA/FA or the television companies?

Or the gambling syndicates. Or Middle Eastern governments? Qatar world cup anyone?

No-one is going to convince me that we haven't ended up with a world cup in fooking Qatar of all places without some serious and well dodgy dosh being trousered.

It'll be the winter Olympics in central Africa next.

Looks like Cblue has given up (LOL).

As they say when the going gets tough.....

And to think all he had to state was yes or no and we would have saved all this bandwidth.

geoffchall said:
Did anyone question Armstrong at the time?

Nearly everyone questioned him and his ability to evade drug test failures. In particular the French cycling press have been calling him a cheat for a decade. Only his aggressive threats of legal action or black-balling any accusers stopped him being outed before now.

Correct.

A better example would be the Bundesliga about eight years ago. There was a Hamburg defeat in the German FA Cup when Emile Mpenza was given a red card after a couple of ridiculous penalty decisions. The referee was later jailed after it was proved that he had been bribed. Stefan Karle was also jailed.

squirtyflower said:
Is michael Oliver corrupt?

Without doubt after today's cheating

But cheats never prosper

Dont you think he would of blown offside for dzekos goal or even for a foul to stop us winning, if he was corrupt?

Bad ref yes,and missed two clear pens.

Not sure if Oliver was corrupt but boy was he biased.
23 fouls in the game, 7 against Spurs.

Failed to give 2 penalties, 1 clear as day. Failed to book a number of thier players including shirt pulling. Seemed every 50/50 went to them and where did he get 5 mins from and played over 6. Look at Webb at Chelsea yesterday, 5 mins, blew on 5 mins.

Summed it up for me was a high bouncing ball in the 2nd half. Sandro and YaYa went for it with YaYa getting the ball and Sandro barging into him. Nothing given. The Ball broke, again a bouncing ball, 2 players go for it and he blows for a free kick to Spurs.

Then Friedel time wasting alot, nothing done. 2-1 Up, Hart takes his time and gets told to hurry up.

But this is the ref who bottled giving Fulham a injury time penalty at the swamp near the end of last season.

Its about time as a club we made more of the blatant stuff going on against us. We seem to roll over and take it meaning refs have an easy time when doing our games

hertsblue said:
Not sure if Oliver was corrupt but boy was he biased.
23 fouls in the game, 7 against Spurs.

Failed to give 2 penalties, 1 clear as day. Failed to book a number of thier players including shirt pulling. Seemed every 50/50 went to them and where did he get 5 mins from and played over 6. Look at Webb at Chelsea yesterday, 5 mins, blew on 5 mins.

Summed it up for me was a high bouncing ball in the 2nd half. Sandro and YaYa went for it with YaYa getting the ball and Sandro barging into him. Nothing given. The Ball broke, again a bouncing ball, 2 players go for it and he blows for a free kick to Spurs.

Then Friedel time wasting alot, nothing done. 2-1 Up, Hart takes his time and gets told to hurry up.

But this is the ref who bottled giving Fulham a injury time penalty at the swamp near the end of last season.

Its about time as a club we made more of the blatant stuff going on against us. We seem to roll over and take it meaning refs have an easy time when doing our games

Webb allegedly shouted "No Penalty" for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.