Is Holloways rant,the longest in prem History?

I'm sure his players would have been loved being referred to as the "worst team ever".

The conspiracy theories are doing him no favours. Out first goal was 50/50 at worst, the offside was offside, and their defender shouldn't have been caught with the ball on the edge of his box 30 seconds after scoring.

Also, whilst Tevez undoubtedly fouled the Blackpool player prior to his second goal, did anyone else notice two Blackpool players momentarily gesticulating at the ref and not paying an advancing Tevez the attention he warranted. If they'd played to the whistle, they could have snuffed out the danger with relative ease.... I'd like to think Kompany or De Jong wouldn't have behaved similarly at our end...not that anyone is going to point out schoolboy errors by plucky B'pool against mean old city.

Wheelsy said:
I'm sure his players would have been loved being referred to as the "worst team ever".

I think you will find that worst player thing was part of a continuing dig at The Guardian pundit who one week before the first game ran an article claiming that Blackpool have got to be the worst ever team to play in the prem and Ollie writes for the Independent. Incidentally, we still have the poll on our message board where 19 news writers and pundits out of 20 had us finishing 20th this year. We no longer think we are plucky little Blackpool, we feel like we belong and are going to be handful for most teams. The press still run with that stuff and Holloway uses it when he gets pissed off at the wage packets every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.