Is it just me or have our ticket prices increased vastly ??

BurnCK said:
SWP's back said:
It's about city, not the opposition and we should sell out each game.

I agree, but also disagree. If someone can only afford to spend £50 on City one month and they have a choice of a game versus Wigan or Utd, then pretty much 100% are gonna choose the Utd game.

Thats not the problem, there is hugh demand for these games, so infuture the people who cannot get a ticket due to high demand, i hope to see them at the lesser games.

BurnCK said:
SWP's back said:
It's about city, not the opposition and we should sell out each game.

I agree, but also disagree. If someone can only afford to spend £50 on City one month and they have a choice of a game versus Wigan or Utd, then pretty much 100% are gonna choose the Utd game.

But the Wifan game costs £30 hence my point, if people think £50 is too expensive, go to the cheaper, less glamorous games.

for the long term good of manchester city, tickets should be affordable to all.

also every game should be available to city fans, big and small, personally it makes no difference to me, i go to watch city, not the opposition.

i just wish there was some perspective with the ticket prices, i keep reading you have to expect to pay more because we are signing x, y and z, well where does it end.

is it morally right that a football club happily takes all of a families disposable income on 90 minutes of football, just so the latest pri-madonna can afford his sixth ferrari.

is going to football going to become a rare treat as opposed to something that takes up 9 months of your life.

now the 50 quid barrier is broken, how long before we hit, 60 and 70, hardly prices for people with mortgages on sub 20k incomes.

the owners are providing city fans with a fantastic team, the best facilities, i just hope ALL city fans can come along for the ride, not just those with plenty of cash, and those with cash who latch onto us.

nmc said:
A lot of good points in this thread and it's a subject people feel strongly about. On the one hand people want lower prices because they want to follow the club through thick and thin and it would improve the atmosphere etc. but I seem to remember sitting in a half empty (cheap to get in) ground with Stuart Pearce playing his brand of "donkey jacket" football. Where was everybody then? We now have an owner pumping in up to £200m of investment each year - which I think we all love - but it was always going to come at a cost and the club will change. To say we are turning into the rags is not true however, quite the opposite. Garry Cook and co want a stadium full of season ticket holders - the same loyal band week in week out. The rags in contrast did target the day traveller and held down season tickets at times in the 1990's. The real downside with the present strategy at City is for those who cannot afford a season ticket or who cannot attend regularly enough to justify one.

despite me falling into the latter category, I agree. all the evidence is that season tickets are prioritised, and young local families, the next generation, are being targeted. it means change, and it means some of the old guard have to move stands. Whilst I have sympathy for others like me who can't attend as often as they would like, I can't escape the feeling the moving of stands is really what's at the root of a fair bit of the phoney sympathy for the hard up.

it's the 'they want to turn us into rags' rhetoric that really makes me angry. a disgraceful, ignorant comment that anyone can see just isn't true. We couldn't be any more different if we tried (Except by moving back to Maine Road and the 2nd division). I think most everyone wants the club to grow, and realises that this means incorporating a new approach, new ways of thinking. The question is how to grow. I am positive that we are not attempting to do it by trying to copy them. For one thing, it would be pretty damned stupid to try and out do them in India and Singapore. And the other markets are only coming on line very very slowly... but closer to home, there is untapped potential in the land, and the people of the area. Everything I've seen, heard and read leads me to believe that this is what the owners are going for.

United's owners only want to increase the market capitalisation and plunder any short term profits. once the value of the club is high enough they will sell it back to the stock market, who will only care about their dividend.

Ours will invest and invest. the idea is to build something a bit more than a football team and stadium. If the whispers are remotely true, this club will leave a permanent mark on the city, pour investment into a run-down area, and create jobs (for hard-working families).

As you say, day-trippers are the centre of the Utd matchday and merchandise revenues. For now at least, City are clearly more interested in selling season tickets, getting families in, winning young fans or turning irregulars into regulars... clearly the great majority of any fans will be from the local area.
Everything the club does revolves around the idea of The City of Manchester. Anyone who has read up on the recent briefings given to staff will understand this strategy.

Yes, there will be playstations. But that's what people want. Like everything else, it's researched and approved, by the people it's aimed at, in this case, the families and the young. Try telling them that they are not real fans. A lot of things that happen will be new, different, but we are most certainly not looking to ape the United model, we are pushing our own identity, our own ideas and I guarantee you in ten, twenty years time, the ties between our fans and the club will be stronger than Utd's because of the different approach.

Going for decades is great, admirable, lovely. But that gives you no entitlement, no ownership of the club. The loyalty is a beautiful thing because it's selfless, people are loyal out of choice, because they love the club and want it to prosper. If you want it to prosper, surely you have to accept that the next generation must be at the centre of the club's thinking, and they (the kids and the families) want it their way. I also find it quite reasonable for the club to use ticket pricing to encourage irregulars to become season ticket holders. Some will lose out in the short term but hopefully the great majority of us win in the end, with a successful, healthy club, with strong local and family ties. Either way, some sort of long term strategy to increase revenue has to be enacted.

I don't believe any of this means the club is being gentrified. Disposable income amongst the demographic has increased vastly over the last twenty years. If you want the club to be bigger and better then the club has to tap that. I would truly despair if the club made no attempt to pay it's own way, and was happy to live indefinitely off the Sheik's surplus. That would make us truly plastic. we would be nothing more than his plaything. I do sympathise with anyone struggling to pay for their season ticket. I do not sympathise with the notion that because the owners are investing in other areas of the club, we have the right to expect that our attendance should be subsidised. That sense of entitlement, the idea that it's all a big gravy train and why can't we get a ride too... it's shallow, cynical. I'd like to think the people of Manchester have a little more pride than that.

However, If you don't want us to be bigger and better (on the pitch, at least), if there is some other social function we can only fill by remaining as we were five years ago, then I would respect that... if only you could tell me what the benefit would be to the next generation.

fathellensbellend said:

also every game should be available to city fans, big and small, personally it makes no difference to me, i go to watch city, not the opposition.

i just wish there was some perspective with the ticket prices, i keep reading you have to expect to pay more because we are signing x, y and z, well where does it end.

is it morally right that a football club happily takes all of a families disposable income on 90 minutes of football, just so the latest pri-madonna can afford his sixth ferrari.

is going to football going to become a rare treat as opposed to something that takes up 9 months of your life.

now the 50 quid barrier is broken, how long before we hit, 60 and 70, hardly prices for people with mortgages on sub 20k incomes.

the owners are providing city fans with a fantastic team, the best facilities, i just hope ALL city fans can come along for the ride, not just those with plenty of cash, and those with cash who latch onto us.
Good post. The message from on high is that City fans come first, and they are committed to keeping football affordable, but we will see. When circumstances change, and they can for anyone, it can be very difficult to afford the monies and time for football.

If it wasn't for the fans who turned out for that opening win against Blackpool in Div 2 (one of my best City memories) then we'd be nowhere now

nmc said:
Garry Cook and co want a stadium full of season ticket holders - the same loyal band week in week out.

That's what I'm starting to believe. Although the Club still needs to be run like a business and have income throughout the year as opposed to Seasoncard Renewal time.

I'd be genuinely curious to learn how many Seats will be available for every League Match next season. Can we say Seasoncards have sold 37,000?

the ticket prices for pool,chelsea,arsenal and u@d are all going to be dear, but all these games are on sky, so watch these games on tv and then when blackburn,bolton and stoke and others come along, go to these games as prices wont be dear. and if you say you want to go to all games, get a season ticket

fast eddie said:
nmc said:
Garry Cook and co want a stadium full of season ticket holders - the same loyal band week in week out.

That's what I'm starting to believe. Although the Club still needs to be run like a business and have income throughout the year as opposed to Seasoncard Renewal time.

I'd be genuinely curious to learn how many Seats will be available for every League Match next season. Can we say Seasoncards have sold 37,000?
At least

fathellensbellend said:

Great post

The prices are starting to become a pisstake at City.not surprising but still a very expensive couple of hours.I suppose the only way it can carry on going up like this is if we start to win things and attract plenty of nobs like Chelsea and utd do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.