Is it just me or is Liverpool getting a free run at a lot...

I think there transfer policy is mad, obviously ours was under Hughes signing the likes of RSC and Lescott (who is a good player) for ridiculous fees, but Liverpool are signing players for big money on the basis of what they can become rather than what there capable of at the minute.

Take Henderson, average at best, didn't really do anything outstanding at Sunderland last season apart from the odd good game, £6/7m player. Liverpool spend £16m on him, it's mad. Carroll is another, good target man and will bang in 15 a season with the service but he has a terrible attitude and is quite injury prone, or is at the moment at least. £15/16m player at most and they spent £35m on him which was absolutely mental.

It stinks of Comolli who brought in loads of "players of the future" to Spurs for BIG money, admittedly some of them have gone on to be fantastic investments for them such as Modric, Bale and Dawson but loads fell by the wayside

Bentley £17m
Bent £16.5m (who is obviously a good player but Spurs never even played him)
Heurelho Gomes £9m
Dos Santos £8.6m

Liverpool will sign some very good players under Comolli, Suarez being an example already, but they will waste far more money on players who won't cut it there, just like he did at Tottenham.

I haven't heard anything about Liverpool and Sanchez. And nothing concrete with Goetze or Hazard.

The only free run they seem to have had was at Henderson and that is probably because he was poor business at the price and nobody else was interested.

If they want to pay £50m for Carroll and Henderson, i'm delighted to let them have a free run.

I am slightly worried about the dippers next season. They finished the season well, have Gerrard to come back and Dalglish seems to be able to get the best out of players. He obviously sees something in Henderson I dont !

There's more signings to come from them and despite the fact they can't offer wages comparable to us, their name still attracts players. Sorry but its true.

I understand how it was meant, Liverpool is rly the 1rst in the Media on many Players. I remember M'Villa nd Remy when they "was for sell" 1rst address was Liverpool.

BL2blue said:
I am slightly worried about the dippers next season. They finished the season well, have Gerrard to come back and Dalglish seems to be able to get the best out of players. He obviously sees something in Henderson I dont !

There's more signings to come from them and despite the fact they can't offer wages comparable to us, their name still attracts players. Sorry but its true.
they didn't end the season well, they had a surge in form when Kenny took over which quickly declined in the final weeks, but by all means feel free to jump on that bandwagon.

We won't be told, over and over, by the media that all the new dipper players will need time to gel, or that there will be a lot of big ego's in the dressing room. No, Liverpool will be tipped to get back into their 'rightful' top four slot by the pundits when it comes to the new season previews.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.