is it just me?

I'd love CL but agree Europa League would still be great to see us involved in.
However my doubts are with how the club is currently being run.

The real concern is the consequences of missing out on CL for Europa League football.

Will it cause another managerial change?
Knock on effects of players feeling unsettled for the lack of stability?
Will players want to leave?
Will we be able to attract the calibre of players that we want to?

The concern is that City could get caught in a cycle of losing managers that fail with an unsettled squad. Then the owners get p***ed off and leave and we end up like Leeds.

This sounds incredibly pessimistic I know, and I still believe we will achieve CL this season but are the real concerns at the top?

The Europa League would be a great stepping stone and an achievement, but are the pressures from the top too high?

Not fussed but excited at the prospect of what the next 3 games could bring to the club in terms of world class players and recognition that we are capable of competing with the sky 4. Im salivating at the thought that if we continue to improve as much next year as we did this compared to last season, the sky really is the limit.

I'd happily take the Europa League. It's a whole lot better than the other 23 years I've been alive and thus a City fan, and let's face it, once we get into the CL when are we going to have a chance to add a Europa League cup to our list of trophies collected? ;)

Just you mate. ;) Nah, we'll get there eventually if we don't this season and another crack at the Europa League isn't going to do us any harm in the long-term but we're so damn close and it's in our own hands. I'd be gutted if we didn't get it now that it's ours for the taking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.