Is it time for

LoveCity said:
It's only a considerable risk if you throw three or four of them in at once (like we did in the League Cup a few years ago when we played half of our reserve team and went out to West Brom). Blood one in and it isn't going to have a huge effect on team quality. Worst case scenario is you haul him off. Could Guidetti (if fit enough) offer less than today's Dzeko? Could Lopes offer less than Sinclair? Yet those minutes they could get would do the world of good for their confidence and possibly aid their development. Again, Lopes played 3 minutes this season and scored 1 goal - and has not been rewarded with even 1 minute of first team game time since then. I believe for a club with a strong youth policy in mind, that's not the way to go. If a kid comes in and does that, you give him some continuity, offer him 15 minutes when we're beating Villa or 15 minutes when we need an injection of energy and creativity when we're running into brick walls against QPR.

spot on I echo this.

Josh Blue said:
LoveCity said:
It's only a considerable risk if you throw three or four of them in at once (like we did in the League Cup a few years ago when we played half of our reserve team and went out to West Brom). Blood one in and it isn't going to have a huge effect on team quality. Worst case scenario is you haul him off. Could Guidetti (if fit enough) offer less than today's Dzeko? Could Lopes offer less than Sinclair? Yet those minutes they could get would do the world of good for their confidence and possibly aid their development. Again, Lopes played 3 minutes this season and scored 1 goal - and has not been rewarded with even 1 minute of first team game time since then. I believe for a club with a strong youth policy in mind, that's not the way to go. If a kid comes in and does that, you give him some continuity, offer him 15 minutes when we're beating Villa or 15 minutes when we need an injection of energy and creativity when we're running into brick walls against QPR.

spot on I echo this.

The matches where Silva doesn't play are characterised by a lack of creativity and dynamism. Lopes is dynamic and can create. Mancini needs to look at a few more options which include players from the EDS. Would be interesting to see how the other CL contenders have blooded young 'uns. MANUre have done it all season, haven't they? 80% of their starters are straight out of the U12s!

He needs to be fully fit and match sharp to even consider putting him in. He needs to be given the very best chance of making an impact as if he doesnt perform then his confidence will take a battering. He needs to be eased in with easier games rather than difficult games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.