Is it time to replace Bobby Manc with...

Mastes1 said:
TheMidnightClaret said:
It's Mourinho or nothing. As far as I can see nobody but Mourinho would be enough of an upgrade to gamble on.
Are you saying that you think Mancini is the second best manager in the world?.

No. I'm saying of any managers that would come at the end of the season the only one that would improve the team would be Mourinho. To higher a slightly better manager than Mancini would be a backwards step as they would have to buy new players and get to know the whole squad. Mancini isn't the second best manager in the world but right now he is the second best manager the club could have.

I don't want Holloway here and it will never happen.

However, those who dismiss him as a fool or as not worthy of such a job are much more stupid than they seek to paint him.

I am far too tired to write a wholesale defence of him or his abilities, but consider where Mourinho was before Benfica. Consider where Villa Boas was before Porto.

Holloway has undergone a total transformation in footballing philosophy and it has led his Blackpool team to a staggering achievement, easily equal to that which landed the above two one of the ost sought after roles in Portuguese football.

Added to which, and this is hard to say for someone who, as a general rule, is highly suspicious of self styled 'characters', he seems to be a manager that has that special ability to get belief and loyalty from his players to an extent that could not be predicted.

That is an attribute which should not be overlooked.

I have a lot of time for what he has done at Blackpool and how he has been brave enough not only to implement a complete 360 degree turn in football philosophy, but to do so so successfully.

They may well go down. They have no real right to be close to staying up. But I will continue to rate him. In most other countries he would be in line for the next top job that becomes available.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I don't want Holloway here and it will never happen.

However, those who dismiss him as a fool or as not worthy of such a job are much more stupid than they seek to paint him.

I am far too tired to write a wholesale defence of him or his abilities, but consider where Mourinho was before Benfica. Consider where Villa Boas was before Porto.

Holloway has undergone a total transformation in footballing philosophy and it has led his Blackpool team to a staggering achievement, easily equal to that which landed the above two one of the ost sought after roles in Portuguese football.

Added to which, and this is hard to say for someone who, as a general rule, is highly suspicious of self styled 'characters', he seems to be a manager that has that special ability to get belief and loyalty from his players to an extent that could not be predicted.

That is an attribute which should not be overlooked.

I have a lot of time for what he has done at Blackpool and how he has been brave enough not only to implement a complete 360 degree turn in football philosophy, but to do so so successfully.

They may well go down. They have no real right to be close to staying up. But I will continue to rate him. In most other countries he would be in line for the next top job that becomes available.

I agree with everything apart from the last statement. It's only one season, the big clubs are always conservative and usually prefer big names or safe hands. I guess above average journeymen with 10 years of consistent whatever aren't likely to fail completely if you give them good players, but a maverick just might leave you in the real shit. Even Mourinho, he was extremely well known to big clubs in Spain and Portugal, having been a very senior coach at Barca and manager at Benfica. He knew how they worked and the people in charge of them knew how he worked.

Blackpool's achievement and style are far more impressive in my mind than Redknapp or Wenger have done this year, far exceeding the usual 'surprise package' stuff one of the promoted clubs manages.

Holloway is no fool in my eyes, but generating belief and loyalty in a group of players who have been written off and for whom this season probably embodies their one, last shot at the top level, is a different kettle of fish to managing a group of superstars who could have their pick of the top clubs.

hollaway doesnt even like city he always goes on about our spending and even though i would love mourinho is he really gunna wanna come to city? and he would stay for like a couple of seasons and then shit on us.... we want someone who we will have for years..... we should still wait anyway coz were in the semi final of the fa cup and weve bin in the top four practically all season. manchini will probz stay if we finished 4th.... his football isnt the best but if we won the fa cup and finished 4th thatl do for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.