Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

Marvin said:
Bigga said:
Me, personally, don't give two craps about the price tag. I mention it in relevance to Hughes' willingness to keep playing his buys through periods of shyteness to the detriment of the team.i.e., point losses. Not really a policy I thought any City fan would condone, but hey, its The Messiah, so it's ok.

"Lescott's reading of the game and distribution is far better than Dunne...", so Neds is not?

"...he's quicker than Distin", so Neds is not?

"...and at 27 has not yet reached his peak as a centre half", no fear at all, for Neds there then, who is practically equal to Lescott now!!
We have lost one game all season, and Lescott's form can hardly be described as "shyte".

Ned is injured at the moment, and at 6 foot his preferable partner would be Lescott.

Is it possible to post a retort that has no point? Well, I now think it's possible.

No, actually, I'll respond to one word. You said "shyte", I said "periods of shyteness". Bit of a difference. He seems to do something every game that leads to a possible problem. I'd like a game where he just shuts out the oppo, full stop.

Just a game or two to let me see his quality.

Bigga said:
Marvin said:
We have lost one game all season, and Lescott's form can hardly be described as "shyte".

Ned is injured at the moment, and at 6 foot his preferable partner would be Lescott.

Is it possible to post a retort that has no point? Well, I now think it's possible.

No, actually, I'll respond to one word. You said "shyte", I said "periods of shyteness". Bit of a difference. He seems to do something every game that leads to a possible problem. I'd like a game where he just shuts out the oppo, full stop.

The point of my retort was to point out that it's Toure who is blocking Ned and not Lescott as a defence needs to dominate the air, and a partnership of Toure and Ned would not do that.

Did you go to the Arsenal game, or Fulham games? If so you should have seen enough in Lescott's game to be comfirtable with his signing. Specifically I refer you to the 10 minutes after Arsenal equalised where his clearances kept us in the game, and the match-winning tackle that led to the 2nd goal.

I've asked you to explain what you find deficient in his game, but you have yet to do so although you keep asserting he's shyte. That does not amount to an argument.

Marvin said:
Bigga said:

The point of my retort was to point out that it's Toure who is blocking Ned and not Lescott as a defence needs to dominate the air, and a partnership of Toure and Ned would not do that.

Did you go to the Arsenal game, or Fulham games? If so you should have seen enough in Lescott's game to be comfirtable with his signing. Specifically I refer you to the 10 minutes after Arsenal equalised where his clearances kept us in the game, and the match-winning tackle that led to the 2nd goal.

I've asked you to explain what you find deficient in his game, but you have yet to do so although you keep asserting he's shyte. That does not amount to an argument.

Overall Marvin's argument is one I prefer, though Bigga's has powerful periods of wryness (I think that's the word)

I'll tell you what. His positioning, at times, should be better for an 'experienced player. He doesn't have the pace to truly dig himself out(the race against a crock like Carlton Cole should say something to you!) I don't think he's as aware of the surrounding space as you think he is(Van Persil's turn on him should tell you something!). Also, I'm not convinced about the timing of some of his defensive heading.

Granted, he's not an abject failure, but he's not head and shoulders above a FIT Nedum(since you want to mention his injury) in terms of ability, when he should be, for his 'experience' and at his age.

Bigga said:
I'll tell you what. His positioning, at times, should be better for an 'experienced player. He doesn't have the pace to truly dig himself out(the race against a crock like Carlton Cole should say something to you!) I don't think he's as aware of the surrounding space as you think he is(Van Persil's turn on him should tell you something!). Also, I'm not convinced about the timing of some of his defensive heading.

Granted, he's not an abject failure, but he's not head and shoulders above a FIT Nedum(since you want to mention his injury) in terms of ability, when he should be, for his 'experience' and at his age.
I agree he was in trouble against big Carlton - crock he may be but he is a quick one. He slipped when turning with Van Persie so I can't hold that against him, unless he makes it a habit like Bridge. In the games I've seen this season, which is all of them, Lescott has been dominant in the air and has steadily improved his performances & his understanding with the rest of the defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.