Is left back really a problem?

We’ve got 2 left footed centre backs that need games that are head and shoulders above mendy. Zinch backed up by those two and cancelo should be enough for this year. Mendy will never be good enough I’m afraid to finally have to admit. Id give him a free or loan and just write him off

I take your point, but, City were playing away and did have Walker and Zinchenko on the bench. It’s not worked in the past with Mendy-Sterling down the left. Even with Grealish holding the ball, playing it simple or actually taking opposition players on. Mendy is a liability; position wise-shocking, possession-never has it long enough to be any use, tackling-useless, first touch-embarrassing and communication...? Haven’t a clue. In my opinion, City have and will never be any threat with Mendy-Sterling-Marhez in the side at the same time. It’s been proved three times before but it keeps happening. Mendy should have gone in the summer and a utility player been brought in to fill the league and cup games for rests and injuries. I’m baffled but not surprised he’s picked, and after the Community Shield farce, he‘ll be in the side for the next game.
I'd go even further....Cancelo added to the players you have mentioned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.