Is left back really a problem?

Here's the thing...

At the 70th minute or so - KDB and Zinchenko are substituted on.

What happens? KDB transforms the game.

Meanwhile - first Zin involvement - Edders hand-passes the ball to Zin who does his best to fuck us over - miss-passing on his first touch right to a Spurs opponent.

Later on, Zin is confused with KDB by Arlo White on the US broadcast - anyhow, what happens? Zin gets the ball and delivers a deft cross right to Lloris. Zero quality.

KDB - best player on the field by far.

Zin - thank fuck Mendy is off! But at least twice needlessly giving the ball away - and his first touch might have cost a goal.
===
Need a left back? WTF do you think? Hell - Spurs aren't even very good - and yet Zin had a very - just as expected - iffy performance.

Last edited:
Here's the thing...

At the 70th minute or so - KDB and Zinchenko are substituted on.

What happens? KDB transforms the game.

Meanwhile - first Zin involvement - Edders hand-passes the ball to Zin who does his best to fuck us over - miss-passing on his first touch right to a Spurs opponent.

Later on, Zin is confused with KDB by Arlo White on the US broadcast - anyhow, what happens? Zin gets the ball and delivers a deft cross right to Lloris. Zero quality.

KDB - best player on the field by far.

Zin - thank fuck Mendy is off! But at least twice needlessly giving the ball away - and his first touch might have cost a goal.
===
Need a left back? WTF do you think? Hell - Spurs aren't even very good - and yet Zin had a very - just as expected - iffy performance.

De Bruyne actually had a worse pass accuracy than Zinchenko and put in three inaccurate crosses to Zinny’s two, but sure

Has Porro been sold ? Mendy on two year loan us play his wages and him perhaps plus cash for the sporting kid

Did you watch the game? If so, are you really saying that Zin's performance was better than KDB's?

Why is basic comprehension so difficult for people? Where did I say Zinchenko had a better game than De Bruyne?

You called out Zinchenko’s passing and crossing because you watched the game with an agenda.You said yourself you expected him to have an iffy performance, and that’s what you chose to see

We have one good LB who keeps getting better and one who's a complete clown. Unless Zinch can play every single game then we need another LB.

Prob is, are there any left backs that can do the role Zinny does playing inside DM? The system doesnt really allow for natural fullback if we are pressing ahead with Grealish and Kev in the 8's. The fbs sitting inside is gonna be more needed i would think to allow for the front 5 to go nuts.

Prob is, are there any left backs that can do the role Zinny does playing inside DM? The system doesnt really allow for natural fullback if we are pressing ahead with Grealish and Kev in the 8's. The fbs sitting inside is gonna be more needed i would think to allow for the front 5 to go nuts.

Conversely, one of the reasons that Grealish was so successful at Villa was that Matty Targett reliably provided an overlap from fullback to free up space for Grealish to drive into. We might actually want a more conventional left-back as an option if we utilise Grealish on the left. We could always have Cancelo tuck inside on the right if we deploy a traditional left-back on the other side

I don't think we'll find another Zinchenko, but I don't think we need one. We probably need a Walker-type left-back as a genuine alternative to Zinny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.