Is left back really a problem?

See..... if we sign Bertrand I'd be really pissed off

He a solid signing, he's not really going to play a lot of football and he's really just a stop gap

But its situations like these we should be looking internally

Like Ake I'm sure could do whatever Beteand could....and looking further why can't we look to the EDS....from all account Bernabe has been a revelation since he moved to LB

Similar to Zinchenko in that he started a midfielder and would make a seemless transition

Yea he may not quite be ready for the Prem, but if we can't promote a 20 year old who's excelling in a position we are looking to replace with a solid but very unspectacular signing then when are the EDS ever going to get a chance other than if we have a 1 in a million talent like Foden

Mendes is a better option but Bertrand is another more reliable squad player than we have current have. The likes of the EDS lads would be ideal but Bernabe had struggled when he was played at left back earlier on.

Last edited:
See..... if we sign Bertrand I'd be really pissed off

He a solid signing, he's not really going to play a lot of football and he's really just a stop gap

But its situations like these we should be looking internally

Like Ake I'm sure could do whatever Beteand could....and looking further why can't we look to the EDS....from all account Bernabe has been a revelation since he moved to LB

Similar to Zinchenko in that he started a midfielder and would make a seemless transition

Yea he may not quite be ready for the Prem, but if we can't promote a 20 year old who's excelling in a position we are looking to replace with a solid but very unspectacular signing then when are the EDS ever going to get a chance other than if we have a 1 in a million talent like Foden

Would love to see us with a quick, competent, attacking fullback with a decent left peg, which is what Mendy is supposed to be.

Loving Zin's work, but he's not exactly fast or very attacking, and Ake is mainly a defensive player.

Would love to see us with a quick, competent, attacking fullback with a decent left peg, which is what Mendy is supposed to be.

Loving Zin's work, but he's not exactly fast or very attacking, and Ake is mainly a defensive player.
IMO having an attacking LB is actually one of the problems. Mendy's hasn't been too bad attacking, but the positioning is the problem. Having the LB high and wide means they are unable to get back against counter attacks. So even if you have someone better than Mendy attacking, we would still have this problem because of the positioning.

It's better to have a capable left winger and/or 2 left sided players who can link up. This is why I can see the Grealish links. He can be another option on the left with Foden in case of injury, rotation etc. Having that type of player who can link up with the left sided midfielder means the LB can stay back further. Zinch is good in retaining possession, recycling and keeping the ball moving. Not the greatest defender, but the positioning of the inverted LB helps stops counter attacks on its own.

Probably not, but someone will. Plus Arses wouldn't sell him for that(£50m)considering the number of bellends that go for more. And in the Prem, they are legion.
If someone put 25m on the table for Tierney you would get Stan Kroneke himself jetting over and packing his bags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.